Character Creation Situations - Help please

Delightful

So I'm working on an OC, and every time I write a scene with her in it, it turns into a whole lot of navel gazing. I also don't have side character for her to interact with yet and if I add them I'll just have a whole heap of flat characters talking awkwardly to each other.

(I'm generally slowly getting momentum back from not writing at all so I'm super rusty).

Could you guys please give me situations, serious, silly, whatever to put my OC in, and I'll write a scene and post them here. (like, how does she react to kidnapping or whatever). 

The setting is middle ages ish, somewhat Middle-East inspired. I might include an early form of guns, but basically low level tech.  

Please and thank you!

Edited by Delightful

So I'm working on an OC, and every time I write a scene with her in it, it turns into a whole lot of navel gazing. I also don't have side character for her to interact with yet and if I add them I'll just have a whole heap of flat characters talking awkwardly to each other.

(I'm generally slowly getting momentum back from not writing at all so I'm super rusty).

Could you guys please give me situations, serious, silly, whatever to put my OC in, and I'll write a scene and post them here. (like, how does she react to kidnapping or whatever). 

The setting is middle ages ish, somewhat Middle-East inspired. I might include an early form of guns, but basically low level tech.  

Please and thank you!

1. Your character must make a dessert for someone she barely knows. There is a lot of pressure for her to do this right, as it is someone her family wants to impress. What does she make, why does she make it, and what is the result? 
  2. Your character encounters a pug for the first time. Write her reaction. 
  3. Your character is reading a book when she encounters a scene and/or character that really bothers her. Why is she bothered? Is she upset? Angry? Annoyed? What about the scene/character bothered her? Does she continue reading, or does she set the book aside? Perhaps most importantly, does she know why the character/scene bothered her, or does it simply rub her the wrong way? 
  4. Your character meets one of the following characters from Gravity Falls: Mabel Pines, Wendy Corduroy, Stan Pines, Gideon Gleeful, Pacifica Northwest. Write this meeting. 
  5. Your character hears a piece of music that makes her want to listen again and again. What does the music sound like, and why does she enjoy it so much? 
  6. Your character watches your favorite movie. What does she think? 
  7. Your character has the chance to do something you have always wanted to do. Is she as enthusiastic as you would be? Why or why not? 

You don't have to use all or any of those, but those are fairly similar to informal prompts I'll give myself when I'm bored. The key here is to think how your character would react to random situations, or how she would interact with already-developed characters. Role-playing a meeting between them and a character from another fandom helps me develop my characters to the point where they can stand on their own, and imagining random situations helps me see how they go about their lives. 

Okay, I'm doing this thing where I'm making myself write at least 150 words a day, so I started on Aeliana meets Mabel Pines. I'm posting the beginning here for accountability. It's probably not very good at all.

Aeliana huffed at the twigs sticking into her, then tried to surreptitiously turn it into a deep breath. The grass was soft and dewy, the air cool and quiet save for some chirping. Perfect conditions to practise her breathing like Trejak wanted her to, but somehow no matter how still she sat, she had to shuffle over a minute later, no matter how much she thought about her breathing, her thoughts flashed across a thousand different things.

Still, she had promised to try, and even with no one else watching, she’d feel terrible lying to Trejak. Breathe in, breathe out.

Wait, was she supposed to count to five or seven on the inhale? She scratched her head absentmindedly, then jerked her arm back down and forced in another deep breath. This wasn’t going well.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Slow. Calm. Inhale.

“Hello!”

Aeliana jumped to her feet and scrambled backwards straight into a tree trunk. She blinked through the pain, heart rate racing as she focused on the threat. Everything else melted away, yet remained on the edge of her consciousness as took in the sight of a girl a little younger than her, wearing an absurdly bright shirt with teeth that glinted in the early morning light.

Was that metal?! Were her teeth sharpened?

“I’m Mabel,” the girl said, sticking out her hand. She was unarmed then, but those teeth...

Aeliana took a step to the side, eying Mabel suspiciously.