Theory for compounding Allomancy

Thunder_93

So, I know there are plenty of theories about compounding Allomancy, but I thought I give it a try anyways (it's my first theory i post, so probably I'll miss some details).

I don't think it has anything to do with Nicrosil (storing Investiture). I think compounding Allomancy works for any Twinborn with the same metal (a Steel-Twinborn, or whatever). I don't think either you can burn a metal and then store the result (example, a steel-metalmind can store physical speed, and not pushing on metals). 

So, in my theory, compounding Allomancy is just the exact opposite of compounding Feruchemy. I'm going to explain that step by step, how we know it from Feruchemy and how I think it's at Allomancy (Note: This shouldn't break any "Law" of Feruchemy or Allomancy, just as the compounding we know doesn't either. It's only here to fill up resources, and I think it's the same).

Now, finally to my theory (explained with steel):

At Feruchemy, you store it first, then you burn it allomanticly, which gives you a big burst of the first stored ability. This means, first you use the technic you want to compound in a preparing step (storing an ability), then you use the other one to get the burst of said first ability.

I think it's exactly the same at compounding Allmonancy. This means: First, Prepare the Allomancy (swallow metal). Use the other ability (Feruchemy). This means, you're storing the ability into the ingested metal. Now, instead of actually storing the ability, your metalreserves will start to grow --> Feruchemy turns into Allomancy, but of course, as it is compounding, you get much more "allomantic metal" then you stored your ability (store a little speed, get a lot of steelreserve).

The stored speed will be lost, but remember: At compounding Allomancy it's just the same. When you burn your metalmind, you don't get the power anymore that the metal usually grants you (as it's a "new metal"). If you burn a steel-metalmind, you don't get the ability anymore to push on metals, only your speed. So it is here, invest a little Feruchemy and get a lot of Allomancy.

I know this whole text seems now like a big chaos (which it is....) so here an overview.

Left the compounding we know, right allomantic Compounding:

Feruchemic:                                                                          Allomantic:

Step 1:                                                                                    Step 1:

Store Ability in Metalmind                                                        Ingest Metal

Step 2:                                                                                     Step 2:

Burn Metal allomanticly                                                            Charge the metal isnide of you with Feruchemy

Step 3:                                                                                     Step 3:

Step 2 multiplies stored Ability (Allomancy is lost)                   Step 2 multiplies stored metal (Feruchemy is lost)

I don't think we've ever seen what happens if you charge a metal that's ready to burn with Allomancy. And like explained: At normal compounding, you involve Allomancy in the middle of it (after charging). Here you involve Feruchemy in the middle of it (after swallowing the metal).

So, I hope you understand my theory, if any questions are left, feel free to ask, and of course, feel free to give comments about it :)

Many compounders store Attributes directly in metal inside of them. It's how the fast compound loop work with a minimal original charge.

It's a more efficient way instead of melting earring or rings everytime.

You store some attribute in a piece of metal in your stomach, then you burn it. You store in another piece of metal in your stomach the new generated charge and keep this routine. 

Imma just drop this right here...

Also...there are a couple of things that I asked Brandon outside the RAFOlympics panel.  Alas, I did not get audio of these things, so they are the dreaded paraphrase.  I'm sorry.  I'm doing my best to write down what he said without injecting any feelings or speculation into it.

The big one is this (and really, I'm truly sorry for not recording this, but the Magic tournament was a bit chaotic):

I asked him about what the board refers to as "reverse" compounding - i.e., using Feruchemy to enhance Allomancy, rather than the other way around.  I wanted to make sure that it was reall a thing that exists, and he said that it was.

I followed up by asking, "Is this what the Southern Scadrians have been doing?"

His answer:  "It's similar, but not exactly the same."

Ruro272 was there when I asked this one, so he can probably confirm that this is repeated accurately.

I also asked him about Terris food at the signing.  (Yes, this was a burning question inside my soul. Don't judge me.)  He said that he imagines it to be like Mediterranean food.  He also allows that it could totally involve noodles.

Bolded the relevant information.

Hmm, well i wasnt that aware that compounders did that already... Are we sure about that? I honestly just think it's really just the opposite of the known compounding. In the end, the normal compounding is way easier to use then you'd expect, when you look how powerful it is. And like i explained, i think it involves bringing Feruchemy in at the middlr of the process (just how its done at compounding Feruchemy).

What about charging the metal you ingested with Feruchemy while you already burn it?

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, asterion137 said:

how about just storing nicrosil and compounding the nicrosil to become a stronger allomancer? Pretty sure thats a completely canon way to "compound allomancy"

You may do this without Compounding (if you are capable to use Feruchemical nicrosil )

Edited by Yata

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2016 at 7:05 PM, asterion137 said:

how about just storing nicrosil and compounding the nicrosil to become a stronger allomancer? Pretty sure thats a completely canon way to "compound allomancy"

I'm pretty sure you can "compound Allomancy" using Feruchemical Nicrosil and any Allomantic metal.

• Chaos locked this topic