Nightblood Interacting with Investiture

Jasonioan

Night blood feeds off investiture, so either breaths or stormlight. If a person in full shardplate were to wield Nightblood for a bit, assuming they weren't capable of holding stormlight, would Nightblood feed off the investiture stored in the plate and once that is expended would he then kill the wielder? 

If Nightblood had access to an unlocked coppermind that was filled with information, would he be able to use the investitture inside of the coppermind? If so, would Nightblood absorb that information? I mean it would have to go somewhere wouldn't it?

I am unsure about the first, but just beacuse I don't know if a Shardplade isolate Investiture (if yes nothing would happen, if no the plate will loses his stormlight and then the Shardbearer will die).

About the second one,I find impossible to Nightblood to be able to access a metalmind, but for absurd He/she/it may do that. He will drain all the Metalmind's Investiture to generate his own well know abilities... He didn't obtain any information, in the same way he will not become more heavy if he drains a Ironmind

Had a whole thingy typed up positing that if NB could fully "infect"(?) someone and completely turn their veins and skin black,since we haven't yet seen him do this IIRC, then maybe he might be able to absorb some information from the victim. If he could refrain from impaling them before the infection is complete. That's a BIG if. It is Nightblood afterall.

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

I bet that if a feruchemist was withdrawing power from a metalmind nightblood would consume that instead of the feruchemist. You might be able to empty an ironmind, not experience increased weight, and just feed nightblood.

But does a coppermind even have investiture stored? I mean it is easy to say that something like feruchemical steel or pewter has investiture stored away in it (not in the same way that nicrosil does obviously, but there is still a sort of energy residing in the metalmind that could only be called investiture). But a coppermind *might* not actually have any investiture in it. Or maybe it does, and that investiture is what holds/preserves the memories in some way. If that was the case, nightblood would only be consuming what holds the memories, not the memories themselves. If the feruchemist who made the metalminds was touching them while nightblood drained them (and I am pretty sure they would have to be drawing on the metalmind for nightblood to indirectly drain them) than the feruchemist would probably be the one to access the memories while nightblood gets whatever bit of energy is packed in there to keep the memory preserved.

But basically we don't really know if copperminds actually have "investiture" stored in them.

Every metalmind with feruchemical charge has Investiture. The Feruchemical charge itself is Investiture nevermind what attribute is.

And we have a WoB somewhere that say Nightblood may feed of a Feruchemical cherge if the holder tap from a metalmind while held Nightblood (same with an Allomancer who burns metals)

That would make allomancers the ideal people to use Nightblood, little chance of running out of fuel.

Though what that would do to Harmony in the long term...

Probably it took you so much time to drain a significative amount of Investiture from Harmony that the first "part" of drained Investiture will be already returned avaliable to him.

And remember that the Nightblood's Hunger grows as longer it keeps to drain you.

Edited by Yata

Every metalmind with feruchemical charge has Investiture. The Feruchemical charge itself is Investiture nevermind what attribute is.

And we have a WoB somewhere that say Nightblood may feed of a Feruchemical cherge if the holder tap from a metalmind while held Nightblood (same with an Allomancer who burns metals)

Oh nice didn't know about that WoB. Thanks Yata.

"I bet that if a feruchemist was withdrawing power from a metalmind nightblood would consume that instead of the feruchemist. You might be able to empty an ironmind, not experience increased weight, and just feed nightblood.

But does a coppermind even have investiture stored? I mean it is easy to say that something like feruchemical steel or pewter has investiture stored away in it (not in the same way that nicrosil does obviously, but there is still a sort of energy residing in the metalmind that could only be called investiture). But a coppermind *might* not actually have any investiture in it. Or maybe it does, and that investiture is what holds/preserves the memories in some way. If that was the case, nightblood would only be consuming what holds the memories, not the memories themselves. If the feruchemist who made the metalminds was touching them while nightblood drained them (and I am pretty sure they would have to be drawing on the metalmind for nightblood to indirectly drain them) than the feruchemist would probably be the one to access the memories while nightblood gets whatever bit of energy is packed in there to keep the memory preserved.

But basically we don't really know if copperminds actually have "investiture" stored in them."

That all makes sense. It could be any one have of those scenarios. I was just hoping there might be a way for Nightblood to gain some more knowledge somehow. Would be a cool little twist for him, I think.

Edit: Added Drake Marshalls comment, because I'm an idiot and forgot to answer the comment I originally intended to answer.

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

• Chaos locked this topic