What is the novella?

Walker

If it's not a flashback sequence, it has to be somewhat limited though. Presumably, there's almost no break between books 2 and 3, since so much is going on. If it takes place during book 2, it can't span that much time, and if it takes place during the beginning of book 3, it probably can't mention too much about what's happening in the world, since that would spoil the main book.

Then again, I can't see Lift caring much about international politics at the moment, so maybe that's not an issue :P

If it's not a flashback sequence, it has to be somewhat limited though. Presumably, there's almost no break between books 2 and 3, since so much is going on. If it takes place during book 2, it can't span that much time, and if it takes place during the beginning of book 3, it probably can't mention too much about what's happening in the world, since that would spoil the main book.

Then again, I can't see Lift caring much about international politics at the moment, so maybe that's not an issue :P

Lift story arc is completely detached from the main characters. I see no issue in having the novella over-lapping with SA3.

Lift story arc is completely detached from the main characters. I see no issue in having the novella over-lapping with SA3.

It might tell us things about the world itself though - specifically how the Everstorm affects the continent. I don't know if Brandon would find this being revealed earlier than SA3 a problem or not, but...

Also, Dalinar has been in contact with the new Prime. Assuming Lift hangs around him in the short future, she will probably interact with the main characters in some way. Especially if Dalinar specifically asks about Surgebinders.

• Chaos locked this topic