3 hours ago, Ookla the Endless said:

My question was skipped over...

So, how many servants do you think Chasmfiend would have?

probably a dozen or so, from what i've seen. They would both live in his house, or in share houses elsewhere and come to his house each day for whatever duties he has. Some would cook, clean, and others would run errands for him all day, collecting supplies and such. Others would do, well, whatever he wants them to.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Broken said:

Very quick request for anyone participating in the Ooklinsanity: Please keep your profile pics. Otherwise, I'm blind and deaf. I only figured out Dogged by looking through virtually every single post starting from page 100.

Speaking of which, 45 posts until 3000! Woot!

I changed my profile picture because I felt like changing it; sorry if confuse :P

I am bleeder, in case you haven't guessed. 

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

I changed my profile picture because I felt like changing it; sorry if confuse :P

I am bleeder, in case you haven't guessed. 

I don't think admitting to being a Kandra clears up the issue very much. :P

10 hours ago, Ookla the Dogged said:

This thread is as crowded with Sharders as our RP is with abandoned Epic characters.

With that "subtle" hint dropped, would any of you Ooklas like to take on a superpowered villain as your character? :P I'll be more than happy to discuss the numerous rad things that participating as an adopter will allow you to do. ;) 

Are you implying that we have too many Sharders or too many abandoned Epic characters?<_<

I know. Yeah, I'll see. Is Timeport taken? If not, I'd take him.

Just now, Ookla the Archer said:

This is offically the canon phrase for a gathering of epics. Like a flock of birds, or a crowd of people, or a school of fish.

It's a glut of epics.

This is canon now.

I second this motion. 

All more in favor, make frantic dinosaur noises.

*screech*

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Archer said:

This is offically the canon phrase for a gathering of epics. Like a flock of birds, or a crowd of people, or a school of fish.

It's a glut of epics.

This is canon now.

6 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I second this motion. 

All more in favor, make frantic dinosaur noises.

*screech*

I always figured that Epics were kind of like crows, you know, a murder but hey I'm not one to object.

*ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR*

41 minutes ago, bleeder said:

A... glut?

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Archer said:

It's a glut of epics.

This is canon now.

And here I thought "glut" meant "an excessively abundant supply of something." 

The dictionary is like the Doctor: it lies. :ph34r::P 

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

And here I thought "glut" meant "an excessively abundant supply of something." 

The dictionary is like the Doctor: it lies. :ph34r::P 

Plot twist; the Gallifreyan known as the Lawyer has a reputation for his scrupulousness and honesty.

Okola the Misspellde returns this year! Sorry for the inactivity, I've been pretty busy. I have been keeping up via email and unsigned in reads though. Does Jumpdrive need to respond to anything? I believe he finished the day at the funeral, but I can retcon him to be woken up by a text or something if needed.

47 minutes ago, Okola the Misspellde said:

Okola the Misspellde returns this year! Sorry for the inactivity, I've been pretty busy. I have been keeping up via email and unsigned in reads though. Does Jumpdrive need to respond to anything? I believe he finished the day at the funeral, but I can retcon him to be woken up by a text or something if needed.

Are you still playing Paradox and/or Redshirt?

Edited by Ookla the Pug-whisperer
Accidental obscenity corrected

YES! I have an epic! 

Here we go, its a work- in - progress, so any feedback is wanted.

Epic name: King in Rags

Primary: Uses absorbed energy- turns it into various other forms of energy, and releases it in those forms (i.e. lightning, fire, balls of energy, etc.). Energy is constantly released from his skin, causing everything nearby to slowly entropy. Extreme amount of energy allow him even more powers (Gravity manipulation, weather control, etc.)

Secondary: Allows him to null another epic’s powers on touch. Prime invincibilities weaken this. The nullifying lasts up to 2 days, for a normal epic. For a high epic, the power only now has ¼ efficiency. Doing this gives K.I.R an extremely large amount of kinetic energy.

Tertiary: Absorbs energy from things he touches.

Prime Invincibility: Invisible barrier, about 3 inches from his skin, absorbs all energy from anything that would harm him.

Appearance: A tall figure wrapped and covered in various pieces of cloth and tattered cloaks. His face and left hand are wrapped in bandage, with a black scarf around his neck. Has a four-pointed star metallic badge on his cloak. There is a dark shroud around him, he also sucks the light out of the air.

Mode of Operations: mostly wanders, with his servant Lich following him. He has no true goal, only to be there eating popcorn when the world goes to heck.

@Lord in Rags I like his MO, but he's quite a bit too powerful. Prime invincibilities aren't allowed for a player's first Epic, and nullifying powers is on the restricted list. The energy absorption and release seems all right, though we'll need some solid limits for how much he can take in and release at once, in what forms, what these blasts can do, etc. 

If it helps, this game is more focused on characters and their interactions than on large-scale boss fights, so creating the most powerful Epic in the ring isn't the goal. Rather, the goal is to create an interesting character who is entertaining to read about and who brings something unique to the game. For instance, one of the more popular characters is named Backtrack. His sole power? He can see the past. Not a very flashy power, though it could be incredibly useful, allowing him to see the weaknesses of every Epic in the game….if he weren't terrified of absolutely everything. He's the butt of many jokes, both in-game and out, partly because of his personality (seriously, the guy would surrender to a tuna sandwich if the sandwich were named "All Powerful Grand Lord Steelheart") and partly because of the irony revolving around just how dangerous he could be if he weren't terrified of everything. 

So, try dialing his powers back some, and focus more on his personality and past.