Nicrosil (Minor Bands of Mourning spoilers)

Okdes

So, if one were to have an unkeyed Nicrosil metalmind and tap it, would they be able to use other user-specific abilities, like inhale Stormlight or write AonDor? It seems to alter one's Spiritweb, but to what extent? If there is no info, wild speculation is encouraged. I personally think it wouldn't grant Stormlight abilities, but maybe AonDor. For AonDor, however, you'd have to be on Sel or near a similar source of power as the Dor. Perhaps Stormlight could fuel it, as we know from Nightblood certain beings can feed on any Investiture. 

Also, here's a joke: 

Why did Elend cross the road?  To Venture to the other side. 

I'll admit, I got that from the Mistborn Jokes thread. Check it out.

Nicrosil more stores certain investiture based abilities not investiture itself. With that being said there is no reason you couldn't store the ability to suck in storm light.

Side question could you store your connection to your spren? Also could you do the same with a shard? Maybe store your connection to preservation and later be a more powerful allomancer.

Personally I think nicrosil may have a key role in returning Kelsier to the physical realm. Maybe mixed with some duralumin for connection to the physical realm while nicrosil allows him to tap it in the first place. And of course the feruchemist would need to be filling an aluminum metalmind at the same time so both the investiture and the connection to the physical realm is identity-less. Only thing is I wouldn't know how kelsier would be able to use it in the first place which may be where hemulargy comes in.

Personally I think nicrosil may have a key role in returning Kelsier to the physical realm. Maybe mixed with some duralumin for connection to the physical realm while nicrosil allows him to tap it in the first place. And of course the feruchemist would need to be filling an aluminum metalmind at the same time so both the investiture and the connection to the physical realm is identity-less. Only thing is I wouldn't know how kelsier would be able to use it in the first place which may be where hemulargy comes in.

For now I think the "Kelsier's return" is only a fact of Connections.... He manages to re-Connect itself to the Physical Realm (And I think that the Spike he has, it is exactly an Connection Spike (probably another Human Attribute)).... Of course we can't know if He has his previous ability (as Mistborn), but through the Bands he manage to became an artificial Fullborn....therefore I think he is no more an Allomancer of his own.

Nicrosil more stores certain investiture based abilities not investiture itself. With that being said there is no reason you couldn't store the ability to suck in storm light.

Side question could you store your connection to your spren? Also could you do the same with a shard? Maybe store your connection to preservation and later be a more powerful allomancer.

Arguably, storing investiture in a Nicrosilmind is storing a very specific part of your connection to Preservation, or your balance between Preservation and Ruin. It sounds like they've badly misnamed the ability you're storing though, as you're more storing your initiation into a magic system, or your capacity for magic, rather than just storing blank investiture that could be used for anything. (otherwise Nicrosilminds would work rather like spheres in SA)

Arguably, storing investiture in a Nicrosilmind is storing a very specific part of your connection to Preservation, or your balance between Preservation and Ruin. It sounds like they've badly misnamed the ability you're storing though, as you're more storing your initiation into a magic system, or your capacity for magic, rather than just storing blank investiture that could be used for anything. (otherwise Nicrosilminds would work rather like spheres in SA)

I am not sure about, once I read a WoB about "Feruchemist who may store Stormlight in his metalmind" of course at the time we know very little about Nicrosil, but seems you may be able to store any kind of Investiture in Nicrosilmind...Of course this it's mean that is simple to do that.... but probably Nicrosil works like Tin, you choose what put in the metalmind with the extra difficoult to know well your own Investiture.

For now I think the "Kelsier's return" is only a fact of Connections.... He manages to re-Connect itself to the Physical Realm (And I think that the Spike he has, it is exactly an Connection Spike (probably another Human Attribute)).... Of course we can't know if He has his previous ability (as Mistborn), but through the Bands he manage to became an artificial Fullborn....therefore I think he is no more an Allomancer of his own.

It has been confirmed by BS that once you are a cognitive shade and you no longer have any connection to the physical realm your abilities as an allomancer or feruchemist are meaningless.

It has been confirmed by BS that once you are a cognitive shade and you no longer have any connection to the physical realm your abilities as an allomancer or feruchemist are meaningless.

Well that sounds important.

And surprisingly not proving or disproving much of anything in the post you quoted.

• Chaos locked this topic