Existence of the coppermind

CrystalShadow

So one thing I have not seen discussed: Why did Hoid have the copper mind in BoM, or even why did it exist? We know Hoid and Kelsier don't quite like each other, but also for what reason would Kelsier intentionally dump the memory? Certainly not because Hoid told him too.

There has been some discussion on Kelsier possibly possessing Spook in order to have a physical body. Perhaps he would dump all memories afterwards, to keep Spook himself(And maybe hide some of his activities?). I don't know if Kelsier would also lose the memories as a spirit. Maybe Spook did this bit intentionally as part of a process, after Kelsier hopped out of his body, so Kelsier kept the memories.

Thoughts?

As for why Hoid held on to the coin. Hoid seems to have  taken an interest in Wax, appearing at the Yomen wedding which turned to be the tipping point in Wax's involvement in the Sets affairs, he even goes so far as to become a member of his staff for a time until finally throwing the coin as another guise. I think that Hoid is just as much interested in Trell and the Invading Presence as Harmony is, and has infinitely more agency than Sazed in the matter. I think that Hoid having Kelsier's coin is either A) more interested in accomplishing his goals than harbor a centuries long grudge (insofar as it's not part of his goal in the first place) or B ) Isn't working with Kelsier, and just gave Wax a heads up of who created the Bands in the first place.

Edited by Uilos

Easy! If the eye spike is the link between them, spook could just tear it out and tap a goldmind if they needed to part ways.

Impossible, because spook ruled in the north and kelsier in the south at the same time. with the level of powers displayed by the bands of mourning it wouldn't be completely impossible to make the north-south trip overnight with steel speed, but it would still be awfully impractical to do it on a regular base. i doubt it would have been feasible to rule the two places at once.

Impossible, because spook ruled in the north and kelsier in the south at the same time. with the level of powers displayed by the bands of mourning it wouldn't be completely impossible to make the north-south trip overnight with steel speed, but it would still be awfully impractical to do it on a regular base. i doubt it would have been feasible to rule the two places at once.

Impratical, not impossible.

• Chaos locked this topic