[Secret History Spoilers] Have we seen him since?

Night Eyes

I don't think this is totally off topic, but I think I might...have some suggestions for possible actions that Kelsier might have taken in Mistborn Era 2/1.5 (at least in Alloy of Law)...assuming Kelsier is the one-eye spike man.

Number One: Bloody Tan really did see Marsh, Kelsier, and Sazed before he shot Lessie. So, Tan  wasn't lying, but it may be a sign of his insanity, since insanity means he has a broken mind, after all, he may have been spiked, as well, and he may be an Electrum/Atium Misting (which can have interesting effects in itself, and not the best power for a crazy person). I'm guessing the results of this meeting were that Marsh and Kelsier disagreed with how Sazed was approaching/dealing with the Set; considering that Marsh gives them Spook's book (an action Sazed didn't agree with) and tells Marasi that Wax is "doing his brother's work". I think it's completely reasonable that Tan saw this, but also didn't understand what he saw. :P

Number Two: On the broadsheet in Alloy, there is an article entitled "The Faceless Immortal Saved My Life", basically a woman and her children were saved from their tenement by a person she "swore was wearing the face of her departed husband". While the kandra story is possible, I want to suggest that one: a woman in such a situation might be delusional; two: it seems like an odd mission for a kandra; and three: it's just a very Kelsier thing to do (and if he still has his eye-spike, it's probably something she forgot or didn't even notice in the fire). So, I think it's possible that it was no kandra, it was a very sneaky Kelsier.

He's clearly found a way to give himself a physical form and went to help the Southern folk (though I still don't understand why Harmony wouldn't have done this himself...), but he doesn't really need to stick around the planet because Harmony is quite involved.

Harmony doesn't seem to like to directly interfere in events; in AoL he tells Wax via earring that he sent Wax where he was needed, rather than directly intervene. So, by the time he realized the Southern Scadrians were in trouble, he might have already been influenced to nonintervention by the balance of his Shards. Send Kel down there would serve a pair of purposes - one, it'd be a way for Harmony to indirectly work to save the southerners; two, if Kel had regained a body by that point, it would get him away from where he could cause trouble in the north while making him feel satisfied that he was Helping People Survive.

End of BoM spoilers

Who wants to bet that getting Kell to help the Southerner's was part of Harmony's plan all along? (Someone else moves us). Saze knows Kell well enough to know he can't resist a good meddling :P letting him figure out how to get his body back by himself, making it a challenge rather than handing it to him, gave him a purpose, but maybe also gave Saze some breathing room to do some other God-stuff that needed doing first (or just to grow into his Divinity a little).

I'd lean toward Sazed just not knowing about the Southerners at first; when he took up the Shards, he only had the information stored in his copperminds and his personal experience. By the time he realized they were there and freezing to death, he probably was well on his way to his indirect meddling; he might have helped Kel acquire a body if Spook hadn't accomplished it yet, but sending Kel south seems like Harmony would do as part of a "Well, that was something I should've fixed when I had the chance" response to learning about them.

I don't think this is totally off topic, but I think I might...have some suggestions for possible actions that Kelsier might have taken in Mistborn Era 2/1.5 (at least in Alloy of Law)...assuming Kelsier is the one-eye spike man.

Pretty sure the one-eyed spiked man has to be Kel; the scars on his arms, timing (ten years after the events of HoA, ninety years too early for it to be Spook stepping down from his reign), and the word he commands the elderly Southerner with all make a strong point of it being him.

Pretty sure the one-eyed spiked man has to be Kel; the scars on his arms, timing (ten years after the events of HoA, ninety years too early for it to be Spook stepping down from his reign), and the word he commands the elderly Southerner with all make a strong point of it being him.

Pretty sure I never said, "he isn't", I was only acknowledging people who think otherwise. I can assure you that it is 100% for-certain Kelsier, according to what Weiry told me a few weeks ago, but they can clear that up. *shrug* (I've also enjoyed watching everyone arguing about who it was for awhile now, impulse joined, more or less). 

Isn't Marasi the Survivorist of the team, and

the discoverer of the BoM

?

If Kelsier's interference is subtle, Marasi may be a better choice.

I...kind of agree. I also think that Marasi fits better. Wax is a...sour-pragmatist; Marasi is a somewhat pragmatic, idealist. She's seen embracing this side of her personality more and more as the series goes on. And Kelsier does have some idealist tendencies, he'd probably like some of her less...than realistic ideas. (And I'm a cynic).

A friend of mine and me have a joke that, if she does die in the last book, she'll meet Kelsier (and Sazed)...but if she doesn't, she'll have one last scene where either Marsh or Kel asks her to join the Scadrial-based organization they made (or cosmere-based, whatever it is). So basically, Marasi becomes the worldhopper, not Wayne.  :wub:

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

A friend of mine and me have a joke that, if she does die in the last book, she'll meet Kelsier (and Sazed)...but if she doesn't, she'll have one last scene where either Marsh or Kel asks her to join the Scadrial-based organization they made (or cosmere-based, whatever it is). So basically, Marasi becomes the worldhopper, not Wayne.  :wub:

Reminds me of another pragmatic lady we suspect is a worldhopper now.

jW

Pretty sure I never said, "he isn't", I was only acknowledging people who think otherwise. I can assure you that it is 100% for-certain Kelsier, according to what Weiry told me a few weeks ago, but they can clear that up. *shrug* (I've also enjoyed watching everyone arguing about who it was for awhile now, impulse joined, more or less). 

Fair enough; I misunderstood the way you phrased it.

A friend of mine and me have a joke that, if she does die in the last book, she'll meet Kelsier (and Sazed)...but if she doesn't, she'll have one last scene where either Marsh or Kel asks her to join the Scadrial-based organization they made (or cosmere-based, whatever it is). So basically, Marasi becomes the worldhopper, not Wayne.   :wub:

I have this thought too. As awesome as Wayne and Melaan shenanigans would be, Marasi's personality and current set up seems a better fit to become a world hopper. 

What if Kelsier instead of Harmony made Marsh gave Marasi the small book about Hemalurgy wrote by Spook? We know that the knowledge of Hemalurgy owned by Spook basically came from Kelsier in the first place.

And if Wayne was ever influenced by Kelsier, I think the water tower collapsing at Wax's last public Wedding must have been one of those cases.

What if Kelsier instead of Harmony made Marsh gave Marasi the small book about Hemalurgy wrote by Spook? We know that the knowledge of Hemalurgy owned by Spook basically came from Kelsier in the first place.

And if Wayne was ever influenced by Kelsier, I think the water tower collapsing at Wax's last public Wedding must have been one of those cases.

The water tower collapse wasn't Wayne's idea, per se.  He just wanted the wedding broken up before Wax could say "I do."  He assumed that the hooligans he'd hired would flood the church basement or something.  

The water tower collapse wasn't Wayne's idea, per se.  He just wanted the wedding broken up before Wax could say "I do."  He assumed that the hooligans he'd hired would flood the church basement or something.  

Actually it was his idea. What was supposed to happen is they were supposed to do it prior to the wedding, so it would be flooded out. No one hurt, no one soaked, just a soggy floor. Those he enlisted got overzealous and did it during the wedding. 

I think it's entirely logical (even hinted at) that Kelsier asked Marsh to give Wax the book. After all, Wax is doing "my brother [Kelsier]'s work".

• Chaos locked this topic