I don't know if there is a topic about, but is it possible that the Listeners had a form of power with a "Godspren" ?

We know that the Listener knowed the StormFather from ancient time or more probably the Spren that the Stormfather was before to merging with Tanavast's ghost. The Rider of the Storm.

Eshonai says that he was one of the Spren that betrayed her species giving their powers to the Humans.

Therefore the Listener before the "Betreyal" may use the Rider of the Storm's power.

We know that the relationship "Listener-Spren" is about a merging to gain a Form, therefore there is a Listener's Form associated to the Rider of the Storm and probably that Form was a very powerfull Form of Power.

Any thought about ?

I don't think Listeners can merge with the Stormfather, if only because the amount of investiture would ptobably cause a mini-ascension of sorts and destroy their bodies. However, if the bond to the Stormfather is shared by all Bondsmiths, like I believe it is, perhaps Listeners can merge only partialy with his power, which would allow a new form, even if not of divine proportions.

Edited by DreamEternal

To be Honest I don't think that the StormFather have near the Investiture needed, to me is well above the Radiant Spren but nothing so powerfull (for example if a Radiant Spren have 10 InvestiVolt, the StormFather will have not over 100 InvestiVolt) but you may have right.

I am quite sure about to not agree about the "partial merging". The Listener seems to asshimilate the Spren inside their body and I really doubt that they can bondi a Spren without holding it within them. They are quite less than a Drab people without the Spren to complete their souls.

To be Honest I don't think that the StormFather have near the Investiture needed, to me is well above the Radiant Spren but nothing so powerfull (for example if a Radiant Spren have 10 InvestiVolt, the StormFather will have not over 100 InvestiVolt) but you may have right.

I am quite sure about to not agree about the "partial merging". The Listener seems to asshimilate the Spren inside their body and I really doubt that they can bondi a Spren without holding it within them. They are quite less than a Drab people without the Spren to complete their souls.

The Stormfather most likely controls, or at least moves, hundreds or thousands of times more investiture than a normal radiant spren, being the soul of the Highstorm itself. While I doubt he can tap into the power of all the stormlight he spreads, he can call the storm to where he wishes while Syl can stick things together and Pattern can open locks.

On the "partial bonding", the way I see it it would be like the Stormfather extended part of his soul into the Listeners. In a way, it would be more like possession than bonding, althought thinking better I am usure if it would be even possible, since he seems to only be able toreach the souls of those he isn't bonded with during Highstorms.

Edited by DreamEternal

Anyone else get the feeling that the listeners were at one point in history the Dawnsingers? The name alone is a good match and if they were at one time able to bond honor spren...

To put it shortly, yes some of us suspect that.

Edited by DreamEternal

• Chaos locked this topic