Bands of mourning chapter 4

Lazarus52980

It's best for everyone NOT to read the Amazon previews. There is stuff in there that is meant to stay secret.

Chapter 4 is meant to be in the previews released by Tor, but it's annoying that Amazon messed up the timetable. And everyone at Tor is on break this week, so we can't get them to contact Amazon about this...

Ummm..  what I saw wasnt chapter 4 and looks to definitely be a screw up...

So I guess I have two questions: 

@Peter: Was the stuff I saw in there what you're referring to (later than chapter 4) or is the prologue meant to be held until release ?

and

@Lazarus:  Where was the Chapter 4 preview, I did not see it when looking at the book page (Hardcover or any other edition) ?

Thanks

Okay I saw the epilogue on amazon and that's like... spoiling so much rn.

And everyone appreciates you for not posting spoilers from it. :)

I'd strongly recommend leaving the epilogue on Amazon alone guys. It undoes a lot of careful work and foreshadowing throughout the novel and if I read it by accident, I'd be extremely irked. Bands is less than a month out; hang in there and don't read it. You'll be glad that you didn't.

And of course, it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), for the time being there will be absolutely no discussion of the things revealed at the end of Bands in the Amazon preview, not even in spoiler tags. If for some reason that changes, the admin team will let you know. :)

I just want to back Windy up here, nothing revealed from the ending should be posted onto these forums in any way.  And really I cannot stress enough DO NOT READ THESE LEAKED EXCERPTS.  Seriously you will hate yourself.  The end of Bands is fantastic, precisely because of everything that comes before it.

To be honest I am /furious/ at Amazon for screwing up like this, again, to one of Brandon's books.

Just asking, but have either of you read the endings? It certainly sounds like you have. I already have questions for Lost Metal, and that's a sad feeling.

Especially since it's not due til 2018 .-.

Edited by Onceler

Seriously you will hate yourself.  The end of Bands is fantastic, precisely because of everything that comes before it.

I read it and didn't hate myself, but I can understand why people who hate being spoiled would hate themselves for reading it.

So, for those planning to use Amazon's "Look Inside" feature, I would just like to reiterate what everyone here has said: DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS. I mean, seriously, that would just be stupid of you, doing what you don't want to do.

Edited by skaa

I read it and didn't hate myself, but I can understand why people who hate being spoiled would hate themselves for reading it.

So, for those planning to use Amazon's "Look Inside" feature, I would just like to reiterate what everyone here has said: DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS. I mean, seriously, that would just be stupid of you, doing what you don't want to do.

You should really just not do it period, as it's also kind of disrespectful to Brandon.

Has... something like this happened before? I read the prologue, but I didn't go any further.

The only thing I can think of would be the bit of impromptu false advertising they did with the ebook edition of the tenth anniversary edition of Elantris.  The cover updated, but the contents remained the same (incorrect map and everything).  

Has... something like this happened before? I read the prologue, but I didn't go any further.

Large sections of Shadows were also leaked at one point before release in the same way.  And I recall at the time that Peter mentioned on twitter that that was not the first time it happened.

Unfortunately, I don't know a way to keep this from happening at all. Usually we can get them to take it down very soon after we notice it—but right now everyone is out of the office. Tor does know about it now, but I don't know if they've been able to get in touch yet with the people who can take care of it.

• Chaos locked this topic