Daniel v Steelheart

DocHoliday

So at the  end of the stadium fight Daniel sticks the detonator into the gun barrel.

Unless I'm mistaken, there was evidently some Elmer Fudd physics here.

Unless the pen was made of some super titanium alloy steel and soddered in there, I'm at a loss as to why Old Danny Boy didn't take a bullet to the face.

Firing a gun with an obstruction in the barrel can ruin the trajectory of the bullet enough that the shot could miss.

Or, if we could adopt a simpler explanation.  Prof deflected the bullet with his shield, the same way he deflected the exploding stadium.

Firing a gun with an obstruction in the barrel can ruin the trajectory of the bullet enough that the shot could miss.

Or, if we could adopt a simpler explanation.  Prof deflected the bullet with his shield, the same way he deflected the exploding stadium.

The pen was slim enough that Daniel was able to skip it in, in under a second.

Obstructions WOULD send the bullet askew, but it was point blank. Less than 12" away. That strains credulity I think, considering the pen isn't wedged in there significantly.

I think Prof is the only acceptable explanation. Though it seems odd, considering the "Jackets" only redirected bullets marginally.

The jackets are much less powerful. And the explosion and shot were close enough together that Prof must have extended the shield to protect him prior to the shot being fired.

Also, obstructions in gun barrels can potentially interfere in the physics that make the gun send a projectile forwards instead of exploding, although you're right that it might not have been wedged in enough for that.

• Chaos locked this topic