17th Shard app

Stormgate

I've answered this before. You may look here for my response: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/23963-app/#entry240990

Long story short, if an app doesn't gain anything over the website, there's no point, and we all do this for free. We don't have resources to do an app to the quality we would want on multiple OSes. And it would be on multiple OSes. It would be a simultaneous Google Play and Apple Store thing. One platform would not be supported more than another.

But again, why is an app even necessary? If you add extra features to an app, people complain it isn't in the main site. The true solution is a good mobile responsive design, which will be happening when the site is upgraded. The only mobile app feature that I could see being useful are notifications, but you can send those via email, so I don't think that is particularly compelling to spend a lot of time making excellent apps, when we could spend time enhancing the actual website.

I was actually thinking about this a little while ago, though it was in relation to the Coppermind. I would really like to access that information without internet! I know - I'm quite obsessed. Perhaps a more static site like this would be easier?

The site isn't actually static. There are very few static pages on 17S.

Edited by Chaos

(Nobody ever thinks about Windows Phone... :P)

Don't suppose there are any updates on the site update? 

Soon, as usual. As for Windows phone, that's part of why we'd rather just have as incredible of a mobile interface as we can, as opposed to trying to make apps for all of the OS's that people on the site have, and then trying to keep them up to date and working with the updating site, as well as updating operating systems.