lift as a world hopper

taveren

Yes and no. According to Sazed I believe. The body of a god is the power of a god, and atium (or any other god metal) is just condensed power of the god. So in this Stormlight could be considered to be the body of a god.

Except we don't know how the stormlight came to be. God isn't even a technical term to begin with, mostly a religious one, and we currently know nothing. Atium being somewhat different from what we are discussing is mostly because, despite all the "condensing", the beads are still seemingly susceptible to steel and iron, so whether they're even invested in the way awakened/lashed objects are is debatable.

Breath is confusing enough. While Divine Breath is definitely Endowment, normal Breath seems less clear-cut, as Drabs are actually less invested than humans from other worlds with no Breath, which somewhat suggests that the Breath was a part of the spiritweb to begin with and had nothing to do with Endowment in origin besides he/she being credited for its existence.

Edited by natc

just odd in that breaths aren't that easy to make/obtain.

I swear I JUST read in a transcript tht it is actually pretty easy to switch from one type of investiture to breaths. Damnit, now I gotta find it.

Questioner: How difficult is it to transfer Investiture from one magic system to another, is it even possible?

Brandon: How difficult is it to transfer Investiture from one magic system to another. It is possible. It is more difficult with different magic systems. Breaths are easy. Stormlight is fairly easy. Others from there on get pretty hard.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t8tZ7z32_rbrih1rh1mq26LeNdeHurnjbFds-x5TkoQ/mobilebasic Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

I think he was saying that it's easy to use Breaths in another system, not vice versa. Vasher has a ton of Stormlight at his disposal, and he hasn't figured out how to use it to Awaken.

Was there a WoB about that?  Because from the books I wouldn't say that,  I would say that he hadn't used any in front of a viewpoint character.

Yeah, but I can't find it. I do remember reading one, though. He didn't say that Stormlight can't be used to Awaken; he just said that Vasher hadn't figured out how to do it yet. That suggests to me that it is very hard to do. I think that it's because Investiture is generally something that would be measured in volume--for lack of a better word--rather than in single units. But a Breath is a unit. It probably has a sort of Cognitive sense of being a cohesive whole; whereas, the same amount of Stormlight wouldn't have that. Therefore, using it in other systems is easy, but trying to get other forms of Investiture to conform to its standards is next to impossible.

Yeah, but I can't find it. I do remember reading one, though. He didn't say that Stormlight can't be used to Awaken; he just said that Vasher hadn't figured out how to do it yet. That suggests to me that it is very hard to do. I think that it's because Investiture is generally something that would be measured in volume--for lack of a better word--rather than in single units. But a Breath is a unit. It probably has a sort of Cognitive sense of being a cohesive whole; whereas, the same amount of Stormlight wouldn't have that. Therefore, using it in other systems is easy, but trying to get other forms of Investiture to conform to its standards is next to impossible.

The Breath is sticky.

Anyway also if the people often speak about of "one, two, fifty breaths" not all the Breath are of the same "size". For example the Siri's Breath is very powerfull. Therefore is probably worth 2,3 "Standard Breaths".

This individual difference loses all sense when an Awakener had a lot of breaths but to me it's important.

• Chaos locked this topic