I guess I should introduce myself

Aon tEhe

Greetings, tEhe! I think that you will... sufficiently enjoy Mistborn era 1. I also read Reckoners before becoming Cosmere-aware, and my standards of books went way up. I'd also recommend the Stormlight Archive or Mistborn Era 2 once you've finished the era 1

to answer your question, blaze, I LOVED the spyril, and only wished Sanderson had done something along the lines of whatever it points at, it spits out. that would be awesome. shooting a stream of rock and debris would be great. none of the similes stuck out to me in particular, but i really liked them. brought me back to how great Alcatraz was. Oops. I just realized i forgot to say i had read those... oopsies. I'm gonna wait to read Stormlight till at least book 3 is out. wow. those books are gonna take a while to get written...

• 5 weeks later...

If you haven't noticed, Sanderson is quite fast at writing books, but even monsters like those take time. BTW, despite similarities, Reckoners is NOT Cosmere. Also, you might be interested in The Rithmatist, basically an alternative Earth where the magic system is based on chalk drawings.