Hello from Turkey

Guest keeper of the light

Hi to everyone! I started to read Sanderson books a couple months ago. The Way of Kings was perfect, The Wheel of Time books were perfect and the book now I'm reading, Warbreaker (since there is no translation for this book, I'm reading it from original for the first time), is perfect. I love and respect Sanderson so much. I hope I can spend lots of time here.

Edited by keeper of the light

Thank you.

I knew some things about Cosmere but I avoid myself reading more because of my spoiler fear  :D  Warbreaker is very good but I'm reading it far more slower than normal, because before that, I've always read books in Turkish, now I'm reading a full book in English, it's a little bit hard but I'm trying! I'm going to buy Elantris today, by the way.

I will ask a question to you, then. Which book do you think I have to read first to learn more about Cosmere?

(My English level is net very high, so I'm apologising for all of my grammar mistakes from the beginning)

Your English is great. :)

Stormlight archive (way of kings and words of radiance - have you read that yet?) and the Mistborn books are the main cosmere series so far.

A lot of the cosmere information is hidden details though, if you want the big picture, hang around the forums or get lost in the Coppermind wiki.

Edited by Delightful

I haven't read Words of Radiance yet because it didn't published in Turkey and since it's SOOOO long, I dont want to read it from original, plus the publisher says WoR will be out, in like a month so I'm waiting for it.

Okay thanks for your advices, I will look for Mistborn right after I finish Warbreaker and Elantris.

Welcome keeper! I love your country, as I got the chance to explore quite a bit of it back in June. Istanbul, Cappadocia, and the Turquoise Coast are beautiful places!

As others suggested, read Mistborn when you get the chance. When Words of Radiance comes out in Turkish, make sure to pay close attention to the epigraphs for information on the Cosmere. I'd be curious to see how those things get translated; maybe you'll get information that is different but vital from what it says in English?

Yes, it could be. I don't think there will be big differences when it get translated, but many of the readers are aware of Cosmere and the other Cosmere books that didn't translated to Turkish. So they will not know when that information comes.

I don't live in Istanbul but those are great places, yes. I hope I can visit your country someday :D

Well, I'm not a professor, but I can tell you some.

The Ottoman language was a mixture of Turkish, Arabic and Persian. After the Republic, we arranged our language and there was only Turkish left (as grammar and technical things). But, we used the Ottoman language for a long time and because of that, there are so many words in our language which originally came from Arabic and Persian.

I wouldn't say "related to" anything, but we use Latin letters so it's more like the European. (Remember, similarities ends with this)