possible connections between Emperor's soul and Elantris (spoilers)

Pinpoint

What if Teod is situated roughly on the south Pole? And every country so far is on the southern hemisphere?

From Teod's perspective, Jindo, Svorden etc is to the south.

But if the Rose Empire was further "South" on the map, but North from an observer's perspective, then MaiPon could be located just below Jindo on the Map, and the Rose Empire significantly below that point?

I find it a little inconceivable that the Rose empire is both above Teod and below Jindo - encompassing the entire back side of the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Those monks have an advantage, in that, their powers can be simply fuel by sacrificing people. These powers are dependant on distance from a place, so I wonder if the place where they make the monks, is the only place they can make the monks, like how the people of elantris can only be made by people close by.

We know elantris solf their goods on the open market, so it stands to reason some forged goods are able to go beyond the region in which soul forging is possible. WOuld the soul forger perhaps go to elantirs just to hide? I wonder, could she create a way to be powered by the energy elantris provides instead.

We have WoB that stamps flat-out wouldn't work as far away as Elantris because of the distance, so you can't just make them local and ship international.

This indicates the rather substantial way that AonDor is different from Forging in its basic function.

Edited by Kurkistan

• Chaos locked this topic