Greetings!

Lifeb4death

Hi, my name is Abel. You may have already heard of me in my brothers introduction. Greetings from Australia. My brother introduced me to TWOK a while ago (what he didn't mention was that it was the first book released of a 10 book series and I'd be going mad waiting for the sequels) and it's been my favorite book ever since. He also introduced me to this site where I have already read some interesting theories and comments regarding those theories so I look forward to posting some of my own and hopefully they are as interesting as most of them on here.

Welcome. And do not despair over the waiting time. Sanderson is insanely more productive than most other authors, so the delays between future books will not be so bad (the long period between book 1 and 2 is somewhat of an exception). Be glad he's not George R. R. Martin and read Mistborn in the mean time (not as good as tWoK, but close).

I don't think anything can measure up to tWoK. I stumbled upon it mostly by accident and was just completely knocked back (quite literally. I didn't get up from the sofa for a whole day) by the depth, the learning curve, the world of Roshar and the characters. Sanderson has come a long way since Mistborn, and those books were already very good.

You should try Elantris and Warbreaker at some point too. I find those two to be a bit more... hmm... light than his other books, but they're still worth the read (like everyone else, including me, you'll fall head over heels in love with Lightsong from Warbreaker). Also, it gives you more information and background-story of the "meta-story" that is the Cosmere.

Edited by Aether

Thanks Ather I'm always looking for more books to read. My brother is always suggesting new books and before this sight I really only knew about Mistborn and TWOK so I'm really behind.

I know what you mean about TWOK, the first time I read it I started it at 7pm at night and the only reason I stopped was because I heard birds outside my window and after opening the blind and the sun hitting my face I decided it was time for sleep. Haha.

FYI, Life.  It is generally preferred to use the edit function on your previous post if is related material and there has not been an intervening post.  The moderators tend to discourage double-posting.

I think there is an exception to be made for his own introduction thread xD. But yeah, edit the old one instead of double-posting. The exception is if a reasonable amount of time has passed and you now have new information or a new idea. Just be careful not to "necro" the thread, id est reviving a long, long dead thread. Though that is fine too if it was an interesting discussion and that new information has now surfaced that would be useful to the thread.

• Chaos locked this topic