Arsteel is Clod

adamlewis

What do you guys think that Clod, the Lifeless with Jewels, Denth, and Tonk Fah, was made from Arsteel's body? The book says that he was skilled with a sword. Arsteel was killed by Vasher, but Denth and the others at least saw the body, because they know that there were no black patches from Nightblood.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that Clod is better than the average lifeless because Vasher killed him with a decent amount of Breath still in him.

Yeah about his Skill you have probably (quite surely) right. And don't forget that Astreel's Body used to be a Returned's body. With some degree of Improvement Strenght, Agility that may be still inside Clod.

• 3 weeks later...

The sad thing is, we don't know much about Returned Breaths. Maybe being made a Lifeless changed his body to a version of him with a suppressed Breath? His Breath was likely suppressed at the time of death, though, since Vasher gave him a lot of Breaths, which stunned him, that being harder to do at the 5th Heightening (The stunning, I mean). Thus, Arsteel was probably very skilled, but at human levels of expertise.

The sad thing is, we don't know much about Returned Breaths. Maybe being made a Lifeless changed his body to a version of him with a suppressed Breath? His Breath was likely suppressed at the time of death, though, since Vasher gave him a lot of Breaths, which stunned him, that being harder to do at the 5th Heightening (The stunning, I mean). Thus, Arsteel was probably very skilled, but at human levels of expertise.

Probably you will remain with the body that you had at the time of death.

Denth didn't became bigger and Lightsong din't became smaller. Probably when you die and your Divine Breath come back to Endowment, you lost the ability to change and your body remain like it was.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah about his Skill you have probably (quite surely) right. And don't forget that Astreel's Body used to be a Returned's body. With some degree of Improvement Strenght, Agility that may be still inside Clod.

Didnt even think of that. I figured Clod was Arsteel while I was reading, but it never dawned on me that he was Returned when he died.

• Chaos locked this topic