Does anyone else die a little everyday?

Oh, I still feel that way... I'm somewhat grateful that he'll let us know sooner then later that the writing we'll take longer, but ugh...especially since the sooner we get Stormlight, the sooner we'll get Elantris sequels!

As much as I love Stormlight, Mistborn, and all the rest, Elantris is my favorite. :) Minority over here!

As much as I love Stormlight, Mistborn, and all the rest, Elantris is my favorite. :) Minority over here!

I actually secretly hope the Elantris sequel will be written between Oathbringer and Stormlight 4.

T'is a dangerous hope... but it wouldn't be a Hope of Elantris if it was not somewhat perilous! 

• 4 weeks later...

Worst possible news... Stormlight is postponed until 2017. It is not official yet, but it looks highly probably we will have to wait for several more months. I am truly sorry to all who are huge fans of the other series, but as a Stormlight fan, it is getting incredibly frustrating to see the other series being pushed forward while Stormlight is constantly being put on hold.

Worst possible news... Stormlight is postponed until 2017. It is not official yet, but it looks highly probably we will have to wait for several more months. I am truly sorry to all who are huge fans of the other series, but as a Stormlight fan, it is getting incredibly frustrating to see the other series being pushed forward while Stormlight is constantly being put on hold.

I think I can come up with worse possible news :P

Essentially, the 2017 release date (and why I'm expecting it) is to make sure we get a quality book with minimal mistakes and, it sounds like, great art work. 

I also don't view this as being "put on hold". It was between The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance for A Memory of Light, but this time around it seems Brandon is able to go at it with his preferred schedule. The Mistborn books are minor affairs that are a result of his writing habits and even with his recent tour for those books, he seems confident that he will have Stormlight 3 ready for the various editorial processes halfway through next year, which is about what I expected to begin with. 

I think I can come up with worse possible news :P

Essentially, the 2017 release date (and why I'm expecting it) is to make sure we get a quality book with minimal mistakes and, it sounds like, great art work. 

I also don't view this as being "put on hold". It was between The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance for A Memory of Light, but this time around it seems Brandon is able to go at it with his preferred schedule. The Mistborn books are minor affairs that are a result of his writing habits and even with his recent tour for those books, he seems confident that he will have Stormlight 3 ready for the various editorial processes halfway through next year, which is about what I expected to begin with. 

I understand, but it still is a deception, for me. While I didn't really believed him when he claimed it would be released for November 2016, he was so confident about it I had come to actually expect it.

Truth to be told, I dislike Brandon's team approach on this matter. I'd rather they'd be frank about it from the start and say it won't be published before Christmas 2017 so I could stop being deceived the date is postponed. 

In the mean time, I have no idea how to keep the interest high. I sincerely need new material.... 

I think it'll be before Christmas 2017... not sure where you got the Christmas part, though, so I could be behind.

How I've understood it is that the earliest we'll see it, if the stars are right, is Christmas 2016. Add a couple more months, and I think we have the more likely date of March 2017, though it could be a little later too.

And besides, this next one will almost certainly feature more of your favorite character. I have to wait until book 5 for my Szeth backstory! 

I think it'll be before Christmas 2017... not sure where you got the Christmas part, though, so I could be behind.

How I've understood it is that the earliest we'll see it, if the stars are right, is Christmas 2016. Add a couple more months, and I think we have the more likely date of March 2017, though it could be a little later too.

And besides, this next one will almost certainly feature more of your favorite character. I have to wait until book 5 for my Szeth backstory! 

Oh I don't get it from anywhere: I just assume the worst possible case  :ph34r: Peter said late 2017 was unlikely, but they had changed their mind so often on the release date, I'll believe them when the thing is sent to printing  :ph34r:

I hope you are right  :P I am sure we will get more of Szeth's story as well and besides, Brandon has not decided in which book to feature his flashbacks, so it may be book 4  ;) My favorite character isn't getting any so whatever I can get is bonus points I guess.

• Chaos locked this topic