Two Silly Questions or the start of a Theory...depends

b4dave

I was wondering, if I were a Duralumin misting, and I swallowed Duralumin and another metal...would it flare that metal as well, thus releasing its power causing a one time different-power burst, or would it do nothing?

And secondly, do we know if its possible for an Allomancer to burn all of his metals at the same time?

[#1] Nothing interesting will happen. Duralumin works pretty straightforwardly - it gives all the metals you are burning a superburn. You need to be actively burning the other metal in order to get its effect, and as a Misting this is a no go. Otherwise Vin would deplete herself of almost everything every time she burned duralumin, because of the trace amounts of various metals in her system.

[#2] Probably. I've seen nothing that suggests otherwise.

Just so you know, it is possible to burn Duralumin by itself: it's just that nothing special happens. Vin burned Duralumin by itself (with other metals in her stomach, but not burning) to no effect beyond just the burning of Duralumin.

Keep in mind that Brandon has alluded to the possibility that a Duralumin Misting could use their power to cleanse themselves both of physical poisons and unwanted Investitures if they knew what to do.

I have a headcanon visualization of a duralumin savant cutting his finger, touching a charged Hemalurgic spike and then burning his metal to either deplete the charge or destroy the spike. Someone else on the forum sketched a scenario where a duralumin Misting welded a steel wire to a bridge, stabbed the wire into their head and burned duralumin to destroy the entire bridge...

• Chaos locked this topic