Introduction of a new member

NoFear_MSL

Hello everybody,

As etiquette demands, and that is a good thing, here is a short introduction of myself.

My name is Mark.

I live, work and otherwise procrastinate in my home town of Vlaardingen. (Which is located in The Netherlands, but you guys all knew that of course! :P

I'm a happily married man and we have a gem of a daughter called: Wies. (what roughly translates as: Wise)

My daily business is checking, repairing and otherwise manage dental problems. In other words i'm a dentist.

I work in as general practitioner and as a special care dentist (for people with a disability)  

All books of Brandon are on the digital shelf.

My favorite book is still Elantris, because of the world and the fantastic magic system.

The work of Brandon on the Wheel of Time series was great. Personally I hope that Brandon will continue to write novels in het WoT universe. (but that is up to him and of course Harriet) (ed. R. Jordans wife)

Well enough about myself.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to meet some of you, or all, in a topic!

Cheers!

Welcome, NoFear_MSL!  I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the WoT universe is closed indefinitely.  Brandon has said it is up to Harriet (R. Jordan's wife) whether there will be anything else.  But, his vote is for no more.  He feels that finishing the series was good, but that anything beyond that is like milking the world Jordan created and the idea makes him squirm.  Personally, I am glad he is not planning on it.  But that may be selfish of me because those projects take him away from the cosmere.  :D

However, if you are unaware of this, there is a deleted chapter of sorts from one of the Brandon WoT books that is released or being released in the complilation book called Unfettered (I think).  You may enjoy that.

Edited by Shardlet

Thanks guys!

When my daughter is old enough I sure will indoctrinate...uhhhh...introduce her to Brandon's work.

He feels that finishing the series was good, but that anything beyond that is like milking the world Jordan created and the idea makes him squirm.

Thanks Shardlet for the above insight. It is indeed a good thing then if Brandon thinks this way. But I miss the WoT world  :(

But....thanks to the Cosmere I think that heartache will soon fade to the background.

Cheers all!

• Chaos locked this topic