Howdy

quietfly

Hey all,

I just joined and reckoned this would be a good place to start.  I backed in to  Brandon Sanderson's writing  from  his Wheel of Time stint, and have since devoured every  piece of his writing i could find.  I just finished steel heart this morning and decided i should join a community of  others who enjoy his writing.  I look forward to  becoming a part of your community !

-Q

Welcome quietfly, glad to have you here. Hard to resist devouring brandon's books isn't it? When I was introduced to his works last year I intended to wait to read WoK until WoR was closer to publication... then I won a copy of WoK at the AMoL signing and I couldn't resist anymore. Now i' ve read WoK at least 3 times...and will probably do so again in februray.

Hey Mysty! thanks for the welcome. Wok was pretty incredible.  my biggest issue is   once i'm done with all the current books (as i just became this morning) I don't know what to read. do you have any other suggestions of similarly excellent authors?

There is no other author I would put on Brandon's level. There are satisfactory inferior (temporary) substitutes, however. Three names spring to mind - Jim C. Hines, Jim Butcher, and Patrick Rothfuss. I'd probably read them in reverse order.

Feel free to drop down to the Other Books subforum, there are more ideas there. But I can only guarantee your enjoyment with those three fellas there :)

Have you read the Riyria Revelations by Michael J Sullivan? It's a new series I recently found and loved. Michael actually wrote all six books before self publishing the first one because he wanted to get the foreshadowing right. The first book, The Crown Conspiracy, had me laughing at the byplay between the two main characters.

Note that Michael recently published two prequel books, but I recommend starting with the original books, which were picked up by Orbits and sold in three omnibus books, the first of which is called Theft of Swords.

I like Patrick Rothfuss as well, although his second book needs a sexual content warning.

Eh, a lil' bit only. 16+ should be good enough, I think.

If you like clean fiction, it is a big content warning. I hated the section when he met you-know-who in the forest and how it changed his actions in the future. It was really disapointing to me since I enjoyed the first book so much.

• Chaos locked this topic