Hello

alylime

After browsing thru a few online "best fantasy" lists, I grabbed a half dozen books from a variety of authors.  The Way of Kings was far and away the best of the bunch.  I searched online for more information about the book and the author and found myself here.  The first of 10 books?!!  At first I was disappointed that there weren't more books already available with those characters, but I've come to terms with taking part as the books unfold.  I am also delighted that there is a full cosmere of related(ish) content.

I wanted to read interviews and get more information about this whole cosmere idea, but doing so was like a minefield of spoilers for unread books.  I've since read the Mistborn trilogy, Elantris, Warbreaker, and Alloy of Law.  Once I get my hands on the Emperor's Soul, I think I'll be safe.  :-)

I find it quite incredible that each of Sanderson's books is completely enjoyable on its own, but also a window into an interrelated world. I don't know how he manages that!

It's pretty great, isn't it? I think that I love the cosmere for the background stuff, but then I read an individual book and forget how much I like the characters and the stories. Emperor's Soul is an exceptional novella, I hope you enjoy it. It's nice to meet you, and I'm glad you're here!:)

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I'm not sure if it's just because I read it first so I'm preferentially Invested in it, but The Way of Kings remains my favorite of his works.

I have some thoughts about Cultivation that sprang up as a result of the latest signing reports, but I need to read a few more of the existing threads and interviews to get my thoughts together.  I'm also slowly working my way through the Steelhunt and am happy to have found the Bradonothology as a result.  Maybe working through that will be my next Sanderson "book" since there is certainly enough content in there to keep me busy for awhile.  

I must say that the general forums are daunting for a latecomer.  It feels like I've got a lot of research to do before I could possibly add anything that hasn't already been said!  On the flip side, it's a treat to sit in on all the past conversations by reading through the forums.

• Chaos locked this topic