Alternative Cryptic Idea

Shardlet

You're also assuming that Elkohar's Cryptics are the same as Shallan's. That's a bit of a reach with what we know too.

Actually, I'm not. The topic was about cryptics in general as a spren type. The discussion was revolving around evidence that cryptics were void spren. I was pointing out that if cryptics are void spren, then cryptics are void spren, and you can't just take Shallans cryptic, call all cryptics void spren, then ignore other crytics because they are inconvenient. Either cryptics are void spren or they aren't.

Reading back over the topic, it appears you were just talking about Shallans cryptic, while I was still focused on the discussion at large. I don't have enough information at this time to discuss the differences between cryptics. I barely have enough information to discuss them at all. I don't personally believe that they are void spren, I believe they belong to Cultivation. I actually don't believe that void spren exist as a type. I think Odium just corrupts existing spren when they are needed.

Actually, I'm not. The topic was about cryptics in general as a spren type.

I don't like calling them void spren in the context of this idea (again, not a theory).   I prefer to think of them as spren that cause or enable voidbinding abilities.  if you think about it, would you call Syl a surge spren?  No.  The idea is that cryptics are divided into different classification according to (or corresponding to) the particular symbol which is in the place where their head ought to be.  Each classification is associated with a specific order or type of voidbinding ability.  I worry about using terminology which has been used to establish other ideas which may confuse the basic idea I have presented.  In this case, 'void spren' has been used to describe other ideas and I want to avoid 'crossing the streams', as it were.

• Chaos locked this topic