Kaladin's home town (spoilers)

NathanielHellman

Massive spoilers for Words of Radiance ahead and I don't know how to hide spoilers so be warned.

At the end of Words of Radiance Kaladin sets off to his hometown to rescue his parents from the everstorm and the parshmen. I am really curious to see what will happen when he gets there. Will his family still be alive, what happened during his absence, what has Roshone done, and what has happened to Laral? 

I want to hear what you guys and gals think so please comment and share your thoughts.

There was a first Kaladin chapter published by Brandon Sanderson where Kaladin reaches Hearthstone.

You can find it here:

http://www.tor.com/2014/09/30/brandon-sanderson-stormlight-archive-book-3-first-chapter/

It should be noted that no chapters are canon until the final publication, but this is one of a few that we have been allowed a look at. Since this chapter was released in Septemer 2014, it's possible that the chapter has now been updated or in another way altered, but it should give an idea of where Brandon Sanderson started out with the Kaladin storyline for Stormlight Archive 3.

EDIT: The chapter doesn't reveal much regarding your questions, but from the tone of the chapter and Kaladin's initial observations, it's fairly clear that not all is well in Hearthstone (Kaladin mentions at the end of WoR that Roshone had parshmen, the reason for his desperate rush to that town).

Edited by Cemci

• Chaos locked this topic