New Shard Intent: Serendipity

Scriptorian

So, I'm new to the 17th Shard, but I've been a huge Sanderson fan for a couple years now. I was completely blown away when I first learned of the Cosmere, Hoid, and the spooky connections in all of his books. (Hoid was my favorite character even before I knew he was everywhere.)

Anyway, when I got Cosmere-savey, I thought to myself, If I had a Shard, what would its intent be? After some deliberation, it struck me (in a rather serendipitous fashion) that Serendipity should totally be one of the Shards (hence my username). 

I'm thinking a person would gain access to this Shard's magic system essentially by complete luck. I picture the shardholder interpreting the intent to mean "doing as much good in the most bizarre and unexpected way possible". Thus, he/she gives random people magical abilities to allow them to help others, and also to test them with responsibility. Think Hoid with a Shard.

Please reply to either call me an idiot, or acknowledge my genius!

• 4 weeks later...

I am here just to say I like your avatar and signature banner. Kind of makes me want to go back to the days when I used to spent hours making myself a matching combination of avatar/banner for each forum I registered for...

Thanks Argent!

Edit: I wonder how many people actually get what my avatar is of. I know this a site for people who catch obscure connections, but...

P.S. (It's the Allomantic and Feruchemical symbols for Electrum. I'm a nerdy Twinborn!)

Edited by Serendipity

• Chaos locked this topic