Feruchemichal Gold

DocHoliday

Unclear: He's "nearly a savant in every area, if not a full savant." The grammar leaves it open on whether "if not a full savant" means that he's a full savant in some areas or not a full savant in any of them.

As for the knife: that's another piece of evidence, and a strong one given that it's done in such a casual manner that Miles had probably done it before with regular knives, but not 100% definite, since Aluminum is just weird.

Edited by Kurkistan

That could also be a point of the healing, in massive Feruchemical gold amounts, occurring at the same time as the injury. The flesh reknitting together forces the owners out. Like a 8 people holding a sheet and pulling it taut to bounce something in the middle.

Miles screws with our understanding of everything...

This is how I see Feruchemical gold working in this regard.

1/ The faster you heal the more likely you are to heal over smaller objects leaving them in your body. If you heal a bit slower those smaller objects will be pushed out as you heal from the inside out.

2/ If you're stabbed with something, and you have enough health stored, it will be pushed out as long as part of the object is still sticking out from the body, if the object isn't sticking out of the body - see number 1

3/ If something pierces the skin and come back out (earring,spear, slivers of metal) then it won't be pushed out by healing because the healing can't apply force to either end of the object piercing the skin, so the skin will just heal around it. In this case objects need to be physically removed before full healing can occur.  

/>This is how I see Feruchemical gold working in this regard.

1/ The faster you heal the more likely you are to heal over smaller objects leaving them in your body. If you heal a bit slower those smaller objects will be pushed out as you heal from the inside out.

2/ If you're stabbed with something, and you have enough health stored, it will be pushed out as long as part of the object is still sticking out from the body, if the object isn't sticking out of the body - see number 1

3/ If something pierces the skin and come back out (earring,spear, slivers of metal) then it won't be pushed out by healing because the healing can't apply force to either end of the object piercing the skin, so the skin will just heal around it. In this case objects need to be physically removed before full healing can occur.

1: Miles heals at pedal-to-da-metal speed at all times, yet shot is Pushed out regardless.

2: see#1

3: Now this I like. I can't find any inconsistency in it. Kurk? However I want to note that slivers in Miles arm are completely embedded in the muscles, other wise they would have been removed prior to his execution.

Edit: >.< Swype!!

Edited by DocHoliday

1: Miles heals at pedal-to-da-metal speed at all times, yet shot is Pushed out regardless.

2: see#1

3: Now this I like. I can't find any inconsistency in it. Kurk? However I want to note that slivers in Miles arm are completely embedded in the muscles, other wise they would have been removed prior to his execution.

Edit: >.< Swype!!

We know that some shot is pushed out by healing, we don't know that it all is. It could be that just the shot at the surface is pushed out by the healing, and the shot deeper in stays embedded. If Miles' healing pushed out everything then he wouldn't of had to rip his mask free so that his eye could heal properly, his eye would of just healed and pushed the bits of fabric out.

This is consistent with 1 and 2 of my original post.

• Miles healing is better in every way.  Perhaps his pushes out where lesser bloodmakers only heal over

Tapping Gold would probably never result in a gold metalmind getting pushed out.  Or probably any Invested object.  Just doesn't seem like Brandon's style.  Total conjecture.

Note that Gold does NOT have a template of the human body. As far as the eye can see, it might as well healing power, and is directed by the body to correct healing. The body does not reject tattoos and some piercings, you know, so that is, I figure, the distinction. Feruchemical gold, if I am not mistaken, works exactly like sHealing

• Chaos locked this topic