White Sand

I think that you are thinking about Mistborn Prime and Final Empire Prime. Off the top of my head, there isn't really anything from Aether of Night that is in mistborn (other than the cosmerical conflict, but that is kind of a behind the scenes that also isn't that similar). But the setting, the magic, and the characters are wildly different. I mean, wildly.

You're right, Windy, but... eh.

The books just feel really, really different, and other than Decay = Ruin, I really do not think that the other two Gods feel anything like Preservation. It would not be too hard to switch up the Shards, or, even better, make them splinters. Besides, the info about shardpools is gold, even if it is not necessarily accurate.

I haven't read Aether, but I heard the magic system got cannibalized into Liar of Partinel. Liar got scrapped so I don't know if that still applies for when Brandon rewrites it. But either way, it makes it sound like Brandon views Aether as something to cannibalize, not something to redo and finish.

Really? Where did you hear that? Cuz if so, then that is really cool because the magic system is the thing I liked the most about Aether.

It was a long time ago. There are people with "aethers" in Liar, and someone said the magic system was cannibalized from Aether of Night. It sounded reasonable to me because it had the word "Aether" in it, but I've never read it so I don't know. Also no one actually uses the aethers in Liar because it's so short, so it's probably impossible to confirm or deny that it's the same magic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic