Dragonsteel and a Legal Question

Hey everyone,

I just checked Dragonsteel out from the BYU library yesterday and so I have it for three weeks (it's boss btw).  Anyway, I was wondering, since I have access to a university book scanner, would it be legal for me to make a high resolution digital scan and then post it on the internet so you guys can all read it?

I am not a lawyer, but yes, that sounds like a pretty clear-cut example of copyright infringment.

I believe that Brandon generally doesn't want people making unpublished books he sends them publicly available - and I think a lot of the reasons for that should apply to dragonsteel as well. I mean, if he wanted people to just be able to download dragonsteel, he could at any point put dragonsteel.doc up on his website, and it seems kinda rude to do an end-run around that.

That said I'm not a mod or anything.

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

Yeah, that's about what I figured but it didn't hurt to ask.  Also, I've been trying to find out where I can read other novels like white sands and the liar of partinel but I can't seem to find any info about them. Do you have any idea?

Don't worry, I definitely don't want to do anything illegal or rude, this was just sort of an idle question that I had been kicking around.  So rest assured that no copies shall be made.  Thanks for answering my question.

By the way, I hope my question didn't seem out of line, I realize how sensitive this topic can probably be, so I apologize if it came across poorly.

• Chaos locked this topic