Wild Mass Guesses

Quiver

Wasn't sure where else to post this but... has anyne had any outrageous theories, guesses or ideas about how things would/will go in a Brandon novel?

(Being proven wrong by it is still acceptable)

I have two Stormlight ones...

First: During my read-through of Way of Kings, I was really confused by Kaladin's flashbacks. Considering how much the narrative emphasized his incredibly luck, his ability to survive, his skill's, and his existential angst over everyone dying around him (not to mention his glowing, and the Highstorm Vision), I thought he was a Herald, possibly suffering from amnesia... so I couldn't figure out how he was also a kid in his hometown.

WoR Spoilers

Second -and this one is just me being crazy for crazy sake- I had this willd idea that might suit a horror story. The spren make their user's dependent upon them; Kaladin doesn't want to kill Syl, after all, and their connection is growing stronger. So when Jasnah reappeared at the end of the novel, I had this crazy speculation that, maybe, Jasnah was dead, and this was Ivory controlling her body in the Physical Realm, kind of like what happened with the Parshendi and the Odium spren

Here's my crazy theory...

Cultivation will die. Dalinar will become Honour, Navani Cultivation (although this may well change, not too sure if Navani is the right person for Cultivation).

Here's my crazy theory...

Cultivation will die. Dalinar will become Honour, Navani Cultivation (although this may well change, not too sure if Navani is the right person for Cultivation).

With how the shards intents work....:wouldn't she *become* the right person for Cultivation? :ph34r:

She would, eventually, but the reason I selected Navani was because of the times you see her in true 'Mother Mode', like when Shallan and Kaladin come out of the chasms, and when she is talking to Shallan later saying hos she never got to be a proper mother to Jasnah.

It sounded then like she may make a good Cultivation.

SA spoilers:

-I'm pretty sure that Kaladin is going to be the king of Alethkar by the end of Oathbringer

-I also think that TPWCHT is actually Taln

-I think that the Lighteyed noble who killed Tien is still alive and is a character we know.

Elantris spoilers(?):

-I think that the black stone that Sarene gave to Raoden as a wedding pendant is related to the black stone Gavilar gave to Szeth before dying.

Edited by Mckeedee123

SA spoilers:

-I think that the Lighteyed noble who killed Tien is still alive and is a character we know.

This is terrifying and I would totally believe it except

we've sort of already seen that plot twist with Helaran. Although it could make for some nice parallels. Poor Kaladin :(

Words of Radiance spoilers:

I still think Jasnah's been worldhopping, and got her bandolier somewhere with firearms. :ph34r:

WoB: No books are currently happening at the same time as Stormlight. And Jasnah hasn't gone far afield. Source

Also, who is TPWCHT? The person who c h t?

Edited by TheYoungBard

SA spoilers:

-I'm pretty sure that Kaladin is going to be the king of Alethkar by the end of Oathbringer

-I also think that TPWCHT is actually Taln

Hmmm I have he crazy theory Adolin and Shallan will end up king and queen of both Alethkar and Jah Keved. The echo Warbreaker, the royal family would end up being known for its golden/red hair coloring.

WoB: No books are currently happening at the same time as Stormlight. And Jasnah hasn't gone far afield. Source

Also, who is TPWCHT? The person who c h t?

Wild Mass Meta-guessing:

• The Person Who Cooked Herdazian Tortillas (that's right the chouta vendor is a Herald)
  • The Person With Cute Hair-Ties (now that I think of it, we never hear anything about anyone's hair-ties - those are important)
  • Tiny Penguins Who Covertly Handle Timelines (time machine story when)

OK, more seriously:

• The Person Who Calls Himself Taln? (Edit: Ninja'd, admittedly quite slowly)
Edited by Colours

Rampant speculation, you say?

Sazed was killed by Odium between HoA and AoL; his Splinters are all that are left, explaining why he rarely intervenes to stop crime, save lives, etc. Shadows of Self refers to the remaining shadows - or Splinters - of Harmony, the Faceless Immortals among their number for using fragments of Ruin's power. Ruin will eventually reform through the Pits of Eltania, and will fuse with one of the main characters to become the main antagonist in the science fiction trilogy.

The South Pole of Scadrial has Allomancers as the lowest possible rank of slave. They are used to power machines, such as Coinshots operating a non-water-powered water wheel and Pewterarms to handle heavy machinery. Hemalurgists, on the other hand, are revered as leaders. Each Slavemaster uses two spikes from every type of Misting/Ferring under his control to ensure that he will always be stronger than they are if they turn on him. Their leaders are Hemalurgically full Mistborn and Feruchemists several times over.

Edited by Adamir

Ooh! Ooh! I just remembered some more theories!

Stormlight Archive

-The battle in the SA prologue takes place in a drained-out Sea of Spears

-Some greatshells are controllable by Odium (thus, the violet blood in the prologue)

-The Nahel bond is kind of evil somehow, which is why the KR had to do the Recreance

Reckoners

-Reckoners is Cosmere  trollface_RE_My_4_20_shopping_list_lol-s

Mistborn (1-3, just to be safe)

-Vin ran away from Hoid because her "instincts" are a sham created by Ruin. Ati didn't want her to meet him.

-The Terris people were originally a race of worldhoppers, and are directly related to Roshar's Thaylens

Elantris

-I just have a gut feeling that Galladon survives the series. ;)

Edited by Mckeedee123

Ooh! Ooh! I just remembered some more theories!

Mistborn (1-3, just to be safe)

-The Terris people were originally a race of worldhoppers, and are directly related to Roshar's Thaylens

What makes you think that? Edited by Delightful

What makes you think that?

The name of Demoux's girlfriend.  :lol: I forgot what exactly it was, but it sounded Thaylen.

Not my best theory, I guess.

Anyway, they do seem ethnically different from the rest of Scadrial. Even before The Ascension, they were unique in that they had feruchemy. Unlike allomancy, feruchemy doesn't seem to have different power levels based on purity of lineage, which makes me think that it's based off of a completely different system of inheritance. Allomantic and Feruchemic sDNA interfere with eachother. Why? Because they're magic systems from different worlds.

I guess there's still that whole "the two systems use the same metals" thing, but... well, it's just a crazy, stupid, I-came-up-with-it-and-even-I-only-sort-of-half-buy-it theory. ;)

Edited by Mckeedee123

• Chaos locked this topic