Strange thing found in Warbreaker

KnightGradient

Does anyone remember when the king of Idris(don't have the book on me or else I'd name him) was all,"Hallandren, the place is a dragons nest!"? For some reason I feel the fact that there aren't any dragons on Nalthis(as far as we know) to be strange. Where did he get the idea of dragons from? Why did he know what they were? This is crazy speculation but I just can't stand the idea of him knowing what dragons are without Nalthians(?) being descended from the Yolish. I will try to find the quote later today sorry.

For all we know, Endowment's holder could originally be a Dragon, which given Nalthis' penchant for austere and dazzling colours, and the way Dragons and their scales are, isn't a bad assumption to make

Edited by ParadoxSpren

For all we know, Endowment's holder could originally be a Dragon, which given Nalthis' penchant for austere and dazzling colours, and the way Dragons and their scales are, isn't a bad assumption to make

I think all the shardholders have been confirmed as human.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Blightsong

There definitely could be something there, but on the other hand, there were never dragons n earth, and we have that concept.  likewise so very many other things.  it isn't impossible for them to have simply come up with the idea from somewhere else.

There definitely could be something there, but on the other hand, there were never dragons n earth, and we have that concept.  likewise so very many other things.  it isn't impossible for them to have simply come up with the idea from somewhere else.

While that is true, I'm not sure I buy the idea of Brandon just putting that in accidentally, and I doubt if it wasn't accidental that it means nothing. But we can't rule that out yet.

While that is true, I'm not sure I buy the idea of Brandon just putting that in accidentally, and I doubt if it wasn't accidental that it means nothing. But we can't rule that out yet.

I'm inclined to agree.  he tends to do things like that on purpose, or at least with a fair amount of forethought.  I just wanted to make sure that we weren't discounting the possibly.

• Chaos locked this topic