Compounding Investiture

Adamir

Forget Allomantic Feruchemy, and skip Hemalurgy altogether. I want you to explain which compounds of which forms of Investiture you consider to be most effective, which haven't been confirmed by the books. An example;

Iron Feruchemy + Gravitation, Ninja Cannonball (for lack of a better term)

As seen with Sazed, Iron Feruchemy does not affect weight. Instead, it affects reception to gravitational pulls. Gravitation, as seen in Windrunners and Skybreakers, functions on a use-by-duration basis. One use of compounding Iron Feruchemy with Gravitation would be to tap gravitational reception while in the air. This would increase the gravitational pull on the Surgebinder, increasing his speed.

This would also be an easier way to use Gravitation for calculated movements in combat. Filling a Metalmind while Lashed would slow down the Surgebinder's speed, saving him the effort of creating an opposite Lashing to reduce momentum.

Surgebinders could also attempt a direct attack by flare-tapping Iron as they slam into an opponent. Kaladin managed to crack Shardplate by slamming into it with full Lashings; with Iron Feruchemy, Shardplate could be completely splintered.

Edited by Adamir

Forget Allomantic Feruchemy, and skip Hemalurgy altogether. I want you to explain which compounds of which forms of Investiture you consider to be most effective, which haven't been confirmed by the books. An example;

Iron Feruchemy + Gravitation, Ninja Cannonball (for lack of a better term)

As seen with Sazed, Iron Feruchemy does not affect weight. Instead, it affects reception to gravitational pulls. Gravitation, as seen in Windrunners and Skybreakers, functions on a use-by-duration basis.

I need to double check the reference, but I seem to recall Szeth using a lot of Stormlight to move a very large rock for a relatively short time in WoK Prologue.

Didn't he just change the direction gravity was pulling it that would not take a lot unless it he lashed to multiple times which is what i think he did on 2 occasions once in the prologue and once before he started killing kings. I thought he only lashed it once in the prologue but i could be wrong and the other one he lashed it up and to the side and gave it enough Stormlight to get some distance way so as to hopefully not hurt anyone.

I can't think of any others than the one you said but it did make me wonder if an allomancer could burn a piece of metal infused with stormlight or a breath and what that would do. Although I think an Allomancer my not be able to burn the breath of someone else. 

Plus one for Ninja cannonball

Edited by Arook

Frost crystallized on his clothing—Lashing something so large required a great deal of Stormlight. The tempest within him stilled, like a storm reduced to a drizzle.

Size/mass has an effect on how much Stormlight is needed

Gravitation and allomantic iron? Or allomantic steel? Pushing is tricky sometimes when you don't have an anchor. If I get into a push contest with you, we'll both be flung back. Unless I lash myself directly at you three or four times, in which case now you're pushing against multiples of my weight, and I'm only trying to knock you over/back.

Soulcasting and any allomantic power. Turn dust into the metal you need to swallow.

Awakening and Adhesion? Full Lash a lot of knives to the edge of a carpet and Awaken it to slither amongst your enemies.

Heightenings and allomantic tin. Very good and precise sight and hearing.

Shardplate and allomantic pewter.

Stormlight and feruchemical brass, to warm yourself up after getting yourself covered in frost.

Stormlight and feruchemical gold. Everytime a Highstorm is about to hit, drain all of your spheres to nothing, store a ton of health while magic is healing you. You're about to get the spheres fully infused anyway, and now you have some free healing.

• Chaos locked this topic