Another chapter!

Zas678

I, for one, am incredibly curious and concerned on the whereabouts of Tia. I have a slight suspicion that she'll come back later and play a major role in apprehending Prof. (My pet theory is that Tia was in a group that created Calamity)

My pet theory is that Profs weakness is "Cola", so Tia should be quite safe.

Edit:

Even once that theory's proven wrong, I definitely think she knows what it is.

Edited by LabRat

I did think it was Prof but I think it would only work if it's him from the future, or if he was controlled by the power did some bad things and then regained himself in the past.

I think it's safe to assume it's David, since he's been the only viewpoint character so far for the entire series. And it describes him pretty well.

I actually think the prologue is just looking to be thematic. The whole book is supposedly going to be about reclaiming an Epic (prof) from those depths, not to mention supposedly reclaiming the world from calamity who was the source of those depths. It's pretty significant that David can both say that he's been there before, and that he feels the insistent pull that Epics must feel all the time.

So while i agree it's hinting at something significant, I think it's also serving double-duty as simply laying out the main theme.

Edited by StormyAngel

Well, this is the first time I've seen the excerpt.

I'm kind of surprised by how well things seem to be going for the attack, particularly since they're using radios. Given the Knighthawk Foundry's general technological competence, I would expect them to be able to pick up radio transmissions near their base. Granted, the team does have a low-grade reality manipulator with them. I also have to wonder what surprises the foundry has on hand, since obviously the drones can't stop a High Epic.

Significantly, that mention was one of the few changes from the version we got in the newsletter. Meaning that Sanderson doesn't want us misinterpreting the line about being the last of the Rekoners as confirming her death. So she's probably still alive out there somewhere.

Well, this is the first time I've seen the excerpt.

I'm kind of surprised by how well things seem to be going for the attack, particularly since they're using radios. Given the Knighthawk Foundry's general technological competence, I would expect them to be able to pick up radio transmissions near their base. Granted, the team does have a low-grade reality manipulator with them. I also have to wonder what surprises the foundry has on hand, since obviously the drones can't stop a High Epic.

I understand where you're coming from. However, I think that with how technologically advanced the Knighthawk Foundry has made everything, using radios isn't even something most people would consider. It's like saying that if someone was using Morse Code, they should be able to understand it because we're more advanced now. Morse Code hasn't been used in so long though, that most people aren't going to know how to use it. Same with the radios. As for your comment about how the drones can't stop a High Epic, I was thinking the same thing. But even though they mention that multiple attacks have been tried on the Knighthawk Foundry, they never mention any of those attacks coming from Epics. And honestly, why would the Epics want to attack them? They provide an extremely useful service that benefits the Epics as well as everyone else. If an Epic just leveled the place, suddenly their mobiles wouldn't work, which would be a huge inconvenience, even for them. I think it likely that an Epic could have launched a successful attack on the Foundry if they wanted, but there's just no reason to.

Am I the only one in which that Prologue screamed Prof to? Like, it just fits Prof, and his struggle to not give in to the corruption. Then, in Babilar, he had to, and he stared into the depths. It seems to me that after his Epic rampage, he's gained some semblance of control back. Perhaps with the help of Tia.

I don't know, it just feels like it's talking about Prof, not David.

This is what I thought, it is not actually about David but someone else, maybe even Megan.

Prof I can see. Megan was freed from the corruption in Babilar, so I don't think this prologue makes as much sense for her.

She goes to New York. David helps her change. Though she was once 'crazy', she is no longer. But she could can become crazy again.

• Chaos locked this topic