Now I'm in my doc... I'm no longer Glorious. I have been enticed by the lure of Moderation.

Edit: Seonid, Araris, this may cause problems in trying to get you two back together. I hope Glory would live up to the deal when it comes up, but obviously, I can't argue for it in the doc any more.

Edited by Bort

To the Glory Faction, I have a feeling you might be interested in this. After five cycles, I've finally found a Discovery Faction member. Brace yourselves... *drumroll*...

Paranoid King.

I repeat, Paranoid King is a Discoverer.

EDIT: I presume it was someone from Discovery who downvoted me? Just goes to prove Paranoid King's guilt.

EDIT II: Thanks to whomever upvoted me. I have a few suspicions on who else is Discovery, based on who was viewing the topic at the time of the downvote; but they are just suspicions at the moment.

Edited by Adamir

Thanks Adamir.

Well, it seems I was completely misled. I expected more honesty from a Knight Awkward :P Maybe a little naive of me, but Adamir, following this revelation, you may want to check out Bridge Boy. I don't think he will be Discovery, but he was the one that vouched for PK.

Seonid, I think that means Glory got no-one last cycle. As far as I was aware, all our votes were on Neo.

Edited by Bort

Did you scan PK? I haven't noticed any suspicious behavior, but I can't be 100% sure. There's only one Jindoeese diplomat per game right? And that's you, Adamir. And I thought you scanned Shallan last round, so are you sure PK is discovery, or do you think he is acting suspicious. And if you're saying that he just said he solved the code, when he knew it all along, he spent 8 hours one day trying to break it. It is possible he is discovery, but I would like some kind of proof, because I don't really believe it.

I scanned Shallan two cycles ago - if you recall, I told Bort she was innocent. I scanned PK last cycle, and put the results out as soon as I got internet access.

If you want more proof, I don't have any but my word. So I offer a compromise - we lynch PK this cycle. If he is innocent, then I am clearly Discovery, and you should kill me. But for now, I ask that you take me on my word.

Edited by Adamir

I'd like to remind players once again what the Fair Play rules state:

• You can't use your forum or real life friendship to guarantee to someone that you are speaking the truth. The lack of information, the bluffing, the lies are part of the game.

While sometimes you can't prevent some knowledge (seeing screens, etc) when you live with or know someone very well who is playing the same game you are, you are not to mention that knowledge to the other players in an attempt to persuade them of a person's innocence or guilt. If you have any questions about this, please PM me, Gamma, or Meta. Thank you!

Hmm. Well then, I suppose he might be. Didn't see that one coming. Like a bolagna and guilt sandwich. When you get hit by it, it covers you. And it's a big mess, and people will avoid you because of it. (Still working on my David metaphors.)

Also, just realized, Blasphemous Scholar means exactly that. That's the name of the role. I'd thought this whole time, people were just abbreviating forgers, resealers, and bloodsealers into that one group. Oops. I totally know how to play this game, guys. :ph34r:

I'd like to remind players once again what the Fair Play rules state:

While sometimes you can't prevent some knowledge (seeing screens, etc) when you live with or know someone very well who is playing the same game you are, you are not to mention that knowledge to the other players in an attempt to persuade them of a person's innocence or guilt. If you have any questions about this, please PM me, Gamma, or Meta. Thank you!

Hi Wilson, sorry about the Beardnuts incident. No hard feelings? They were chocolate dipped especially for you.

I'd like to add that it was an honest mistake, not a deliberate attempt to break the rules.

If you want more proof, I don't have any but my word. So I offer a compromise - we lynch PK this cycle. If he is innocent, then I am clearly Discovery, and you should kill me. But for now, I ask that you take me on my word.

Okay. Sure. That sounds like a fair compromise. But how about I save you all a lot of trouble and just tell you that I'm not discovery?

Okay. Sure. That sounds like a fair compromise. But how about I save you all a lot of trouble and just tell you that I'm not discovery?

Come on, then - take a hit for the team. If you are Glory, you will get rid of a Discovery player by dying. If you are Discovery, well... I'm not saying you shouldn't defend yourself, but accept defeat when it stares you in the face. But by my Jindoeese beard, the scan is accurate. What motivation would I have to make something like this up? If I were Discovery, I would be throwing away my cover story by having you lynch an innocent. I have no reason to do this, unless I am a Diplomat and received a scan telling me you were Discovery.

EDIT: I'll be scanning Eowyn this cycle.

Edited by Adamir

The only ways Adamir could be wrong would be if he were a Discoverer or if he were a Svordish Diplomat that had somehow been lucky enough to get correct results on every scan so far.

This is scan number 4 for him, so we have a 1 in 27 chance of this streak of luck happening if he were Svordish. I find PK being an actual Discoverer far more likely.

And if not, then we lynch Adamir. Simple conclusion.

And Bort, yes, I like a lynch on Clanky this cycle and both of our strikers hitting PK.

Unless we can come up with a better suspicion for the two remaining discovery members (from the potential list of Zephrer, Alvron, phattemer, and Eowyn), in which case our striker will target one of them and your striker can target PK. Two spooked Discoverers is better than one dead one.

Unless we can come up with a better suspicion for the two remaining discovery members (from the potential list of Zephrer, Alvron, phattemer, and Eowyn), in which case our striker will target one of them and your striker can target PK. Two spooked Discoverers is better than one dead one.

Since they are all in Heritage apart from Eowyn, have her scanned this cycle. Then Adamir can move to Glory or Moderation to run his checks on the Heritage suspects. 

Bort, in re to your edited post from last cycle, yes, I survived my first game, but it was unfair. I was Hoid in a severely stacked village-side game. I literally could not die after the first couple cycles. I had four or five stacked lives. 'Twas ridiculous.

I'm sorry, it was AWESOME! Even with the overbalanced roles, the game really hinged on Piff's ridiculously foolish move to just trust Aonar. Without that, the Shard Party would not have been born...

But back to this game...

You know, once discovery members are spooked (or even just suspected) they are fairly useless. You can feed them false info, and they can't do anything about it. They can only influence the lynch vote for someone that another faction is already going for. I don't get what the obsession about wiping them out is all about.

You know, once discovery members are spooked (or even just suspected) they are fairly useless. You can feed them false info, and they can't do anything about it. They can only influence the lynch vote for someone that another faction is already going for. I don't get what the obsession about wiping them out is all about.

You know, Wyrm and PK have brought up some very compelling points.  I think we should just forget about the Discovery Faction and the fact that they can spy on all of the different factions and have the final say on lynches.