Ask Oregoners anything

Voidus

Jumping on the bandwagon here and though I'm sure everyone wants to ask me about my secret cookie recipe I thought an AMA for the RPers of the What happened in Oregon roleplay might be of more interest.
So, ask us anything. What's with the ponies, why are there so many pugs, how did you all seemingly lose your minds at the same exact time?
Or you could ask us what our favorite Epic is or something boring like that. :P

* raises hand *

Why is Lightwards such a brilliantly-conceived, well-developed character? Why is it that all of his posts are like drops of pressed gold written across a page, almost too beautiful for our lowly eyes to take in?

* looks around *

* slowly lowers hand *

Fine, you got me. I guess I'm on the question-answering team. :P

When will Nighthound die?

When will Corpsemaker and Lightwards finally start fighting?

When does Orange Crush kill Khione, Mobius, Iconoclast, and Steelheart, proving himself to be the true hero of the Reckoners RP?

What's everybody's favorite type of music? (Rock, for me.)

Edited by Mckeedee123

When does Orange Crush kill Khione, Mobius, Iconoclast, and Steelheart, proving himself to be the true hero of the Reckoners RP?

What's everybody's favorite type of music?

Nighthound's death hasn't been concretely planned yet, but will most likely involve Ray giving him a painful and karmic demise.

On the next game day. We'll try to keep the war going pretty quickly once it starts.

Everyone on that list is light years above his pay grade. :ph34r:

I like a wide variety of musics in a wide variety of genres, and I'm fairly sure that speaks for everyone else too. But I do have a preference for fast, upbeat songs over slower and more emotional works. Twi's a big fan of such slower music though, and Edgedancer's posted about his love of Japanese "vocaloid" songs before. Ask them for details.

So far as music goes, I do like slower and more emotional songs, but I'm actually a fan of just about anything that strikes my fancy. Odd quirk confession time: My favorite songs include those that fit characters I'm currently writing. So that encompasses a pretty wide variety of songs and genres. And then there are the songs I just like....so, short answer: I like pretty much everything except rap.

* raises hand *

Why is Lightwards such a brilliantly-conceived, well-developed character? Why is it that all of his posts are like drops of pressed gold written across a page, almost too beautiful for our lowly eyes to take in?

* looks around *

* slowly lowers hand *

Fine, you got me. I guess I'm on the question-answering team. :P

Because his author is awesome. Simple as that. ;)

What's everybody's favorite type of music? (Rock, for me.)

*Shrug of god*

Depends on wheter or not Fatebreaker actually goes through with that destroying (parts) of the MoNA idea, if he doesn't it should happen as soon as Kobold says, if he does it would probably drag out for a game day or two more. (aka months)

Never.

I'm actually a terrible unmusical person. :mellow: I listen to alot of different genres of music and like it but the only preferences I can think of are "good" (terribly specific I know :ph34r: ) and with lyrics.

Will you ever expand to Texas?

Not as we've currently planned it. The current campaign concerns the destruction of Oregon during the Epic turf wars. After that, we're open to possibilities, though the main options that had been mentioned were Alaska, Equestria, and...I don't remember the others, but I do remember Texas wasn't one of them. :ph34r:

Will you ever expand to Texas?

Unlikely, Oregon was choosen because it's destruction as refered to in canon. Should a spin-off in another location ever happen we did throw a lot of ideas around (some of them including Europe) but never Texas up until now. I'm also not sure if Texas is in the area the Coven rules, so unless further informed I at least would like to stay away from it so we don't again have to live in fear of canon.

A question for everyone, what kind of food do you like?

Edited by Edgedancer

Unlikely, Oregon was choosen because it's destruction as refered to in canon. Should a spin-off in another location ever happen we did throw a lot of ideas around (some of them including Europe) but never Texas up until now. I'm also not sure if Texas is in the area the Coven rules, so unless further informed I at least would like to stay away from it so we don't again have to live in fear of canon.

A question for everyone, what kind of food do you like?

Obliteration ruled a city in Texas, so chances are good other canon Epics lived there too. I'd also rather stay away from canon areas. More room to play around. :ph34r:

Asian for me. I also like American, some Indian, Mexican, and Italian, but when I move out, there is no way in Calamity you'll get me to eat fettuccine Alfredo (noodles drenched in a cream-based white sauce) again. My mom could eat that every night, and for a while, we almost did. She was making it twice, three times a week, and although those days are no more, it's still hard for me to force it down.

Aside from that, I'll try almost anything. :P

Asian for me. I also like American, some Indian, Mexican, and Italian, but when I move out, there is no way in Calamity you'll get me to eat fettuccine Alfredo (noodles drenched in a cream-based white sauce) again. My mom could eat that every night, and for a while, we almost did. She was making it twice, three times a week, and although those days are no more, it's still hard for me to force it down.

:o

As someone who adores fettuccine alfredo but isn't able to eat it any more save on the rare occasion when we have gluten-free noodles.... I hope you won't take it the wrong way when I say I envision that paragraph superposed over a "First World Problems" meme. :P

:o

As someone who adores fettuccine alfredo but isn't able to eat it any more save on the rare occasion when we have gluten-free noodles.... I hope you won't take it the wrong way when I say I envision that paragraph superposed over a "First World Problems" meme. :P

Hey! The fettuccine thing was my Emotionally Scarring Backstory! :P

Supply and demand, I suppose. It's rare for you, so you still love it. I loved it before my mom perfected her recipe and showed off its perfection by making it every other night....*shudders*

Glad you still like it, though. :P

Supply and demand, I suppose. It's rare for you, so you still love it. I loved it before my mom perfected her recipe and showed off its perfection by making it every other night....*shudders*

As long as you don't make some kind of pasta-inator that makes fettucine alfredo disappear, we can still be friends. :P

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm pretty sure I'd still love the stuff if we made it every night. My family once ate nothing but scrambled eggs for lunch, every day, for a solid month and a half. By the end of that month I was the only one who wasn't tired of it, and was in fact disappointed when they started mandating that I cook zucchini and sausage rather than our typical egg fare. :P

As long as you don't make some kind of pasta-inator that makes fettucine alfredo disappear, we can still be friends. :P

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm pretty sure I'd still love the stuff if we made it every night. My family once ate nothing but scrambled eggs for lunch, every day, for a solid month and a half. By the end of that month I was the only one who wasn't tired of it, and was in fact disappointed when they started mandating that I cook zucchini and sausage rather than our typical egg fare. :P

It's not like I had a Pasta-Disappearing-Inator in my backyard or anything. :ph34r:

I couldn't do that. I need a bit of variety in my life, which is why I like to experiment. I've found that leftover hot sauce from Chipotle can actually be added to everything from soup to stir fry to scrambled eggs, and it almost always improves the recipe.

Seems like reptiles really do work on a different diet than humans. :P I wouldn't say to a nice meal of noodles or eggs (or both together) either. Then again I'm mostly an omnivore.

What i don't like is asparagus and actually a lot of meat stuff like steak.

Minced meat, chicken, fish, sausages and stuff like that is completely alright though.

Edited by Edgedancer

Twi's Epic Weakness.

What is the headcount of Voidus's Epics? See, I have a theory - because of the Epic Zeno [of my invention unless Voidus already made him], to count Voidus's Epics, you must count all that he had currently created. In that time, he will have created more, which you must then count, during which he will make more, and thus never reach the end of his Epics. Because of Zeno, advanced math doesn't work on it.

Twi's Epic Weakness.

What is the headcount of Voidus's Epics? See, I have a theory - because of the Epic Zeno [of my invention unless Voidus already made him], to count Voidus's Epics, you must count all that he had currently created. In that time, he will have created more, which you must then count, during which he will make more, and thus never reach the end of his Epics. Because of Zeno, advanced math doesn't work on it.

I do indeed have an Epic called Zeno :P