I'd better never let all those people claiming Harry Potter is satanistic see most of what I've written. Then again, I don't use the word witch, so I might still be safe. :ph34r:

Yeeeaaahhhhh, they'd probably go mute with terror if they read parts of this RP (notably the hunt, the atrocity contest, and anything Nighthound.) Oh, and don't even get me started on the fury Lightwards' "perversion of the Resurrection" would cause. Never mind that these Epics perverting powers that might otherwise do some good is kind of the entire point.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I'd better never let all those people claiming Harry Potter is satanistic see most of what I've written. Then again, I don't use the word witch, so I might still be safe. :ph34r:

0985aad59965074df882e09781800794.jpg

Just for the record, I have nothing against conservative Christians--I guess you could count me as one, technically. I just think some of the more rabidly vocal members of the anti-Harry Potter camp kind of make fools of themselves trying to "prove" J. K. Rowling is a satanist. 

Get the logs out of your eyes before you try pulling the splinter from Ms. Rowling's, guys. Please and thank you.

Generally as an atheist I try to respect peoples beliefs. But when those beliefs try to demonize other people, particularly incredibly influential authors.
:angry: 

There's just as many christian allegories in HP as there are in Narnia if you know where to look. There's a confirmed heaven, witches and wizards still celebrate christmas holidays. There's just no reason to hate on HP at all.

So to those naysayers I say: You are a dirty meanieface full of lame. :P

Generally as an atheist I try to respect peoples beliefs. But when those beliefs try to demonize other people, particularly incredibly influential authors.

:angry:

There's just as many christian allegories in HP as there are in Narnia if you know where to look. There's a confirmed heaven, witches and wizards still celebrate christmas holidays. There's just no reason to hate on HP at all.

So to those naysayers I say: You are a dirty meanieface full of lame. :P

I found far more Christian allegories in those books than I did attacks on the faith (namely, zero attacks at all) and the series was a heck of a lot more fun than many more blatant allegories (Narnia being an exception; those books are pretty obvious with their symbolism, but they're well-written and I found them quite enjoyable).

Well, the "heaven" was deliberately left vague so that it could fit into any existing belief system, including ones that teach reincarnation, or atheism (I was confused by what Dumbledore said a the end of the scene, but then I realized all that it meant was that this could potentially be a figment of Harry's imagination if there was no afterlife at all.)

Edited by Mckeedee123

Well, the "heaven" was deliberately left vague so that it could fit into any existing belief system, including ones that teach reincarnation, or atheism (were you confused by what Dumbledore said a the end of the scene? All that it meant was that this could potentially be a figment of Harry's imagination if there was no afterlife at all.)

Well not even all Christians can agree on what heaven would be like so it wasn't that surprising but with the continuing themes of redemption, death, resurrection and morality throughout there are some very strong Christian influences.

EDIT: Oh also just caught up on that Salem post, Soulcaster is a man :P

Edited by Voidus

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my Corvallis post up today, but it is definitely in the works and should get posted at some point this week. Just letting you all know.

Comatose, my plan is to restrain Converter, and then let you handle the explanations of what happens to her afterwards. It sounds like you want to keep her there, with guards posted and the like.

That sounds good to me!  I'll wait for your post and then handle the details from there.  *gets excited at the prospect of getting to Hypno's scene in time for Mailiw's return.  

On the HP point, I was once criticized by a very conservative great aunt for reading fantasy.  She basically said all fantasy was rubbish except for the Narnia books "because the lion was Christ."  I chuckled politely and changed the topic, haha.  Really, I'd say Harry Potter, and many other fantasy novels I've read, have more christian/religious allegories and messages than many of the non-fiction books I've read.  I mean, you look at HP, which has overall themes of friendship, trust, self-sacrifice, and the conquering of evil by the power of love, I'd say that seems pretty darn in line with Christian theology to me, witchcraft and all.  

So here's the Ballooner's plan of attack/what he's been doing: They've been floating above the museum silently, dropping balloons full of gasoline on the museum and through any windows or skylights he could find. They plan to get things warming up pretty soon.

Kobold: Would it be alright for The Ballooner to drop an acid balloon on Lightward's face? 

Also, if anyone needs an escape plan, both the Ballooner and Schultz can create balloons or parachutes.

So here's the Ballooner's plan of attack/what he's been doing: They've been floating above the museum silently, dropping balloons full of gasoline on the museum and through any windows or skylights he could find. They plan to get things warming up pretty soon.

Kobold: Would it be alright for The Ballooner to drop an acid balloon on Lightward's face? 

Also, if anyone needs an escape plan, both the Ballooner and Schultz can create balloons or parachutes.

He can try to, but if he's floating high enough to avoid pterodactyl or bullet attacks he shouldn't have much accuracy. So Lightwards wouldn't feel debilitating pain so much as mild confusion as a man in a hot air balloon pelts the floor around him with acid balloons, screaming angrily in a thick German accent all the while. :P

Normally I'd agree, but Schultz can use his ability to control their flight by wrapping the balloons in tape, making them much more accurate, but not infallible. Plus, I was thinking Lightwards inflated ego might have made his head swell to a much more hit-able size ;)

Plus, they're big balloons, capable of holding a few gallons of acid. And I know that pterodactyls are easily taken care of with a bullet or two, so I'm not too worried about that. The plan is for them to crash the Zepplin into the museum, causing it to explode and light the MoNA on fire, thanks to all of their earlier work with the gasoline balloons.

Normally I'd agree, but Schultz can use his ability to control their flight by wrapping the balloons in tape, making them much more accurate, but not infallible. Plus, I was thinking Lightwards inflated ego might have made his head swell to a much more hit-able size ;)

Plus, they're big balloons, capable of holding a few gallons of acid. And I know that pterodactyls are easily taken care of with a bullet or two, so I'm not too worried about that. The plan is for them to crash the Zepplin into the museum, causing it to explode and light the MoNA on fire, thanks to all of their earlier work with the gasoline balloons.

That could work. What kind of acid are we talking about? Super-potent, turn-Lightwards-into-Harvey-Twoface-until-his-next-resurrection acid, or milder burn-your-face-but-not-leave-half-of-it-a-skeleton kind of acid?

Sooo, apparently I have some catching up to do pretty much everywhere.  Glad to see the RP is moving.  

Silver never got back to me, so I might give the rest of the night, and then get things moving in Corvallis tomorrow.

Just emailed him asking if I could take over his characters. He should respond to his email this weekend.

Also, I'll write up a Mommy post, tonight or tomorrow. I assume that the MEE has some radios that they can contact each other with, and that's what Mommy will use as an escape plan. Kobold, I'm going to have Mommy clean the rest of the blood off of Lightward's jacket. Is that okay?  

What I'd be more worried about is the pterodactyls attacking from above so they can get their ballons or giving away his location, given that the other MEE members haven been taken care of in about a minute or so, he really wouldnt have had the time to prepare any of this. Plus, he'd have to get away from the museum a good distance to safely before he can crash the zeppelin in there, while on the other hand the zepplin would be a gigantic target.

That could work. What kind of acid are we talking about? Super-potent, turn-Lightwards-into-Harvey-Twoface-until-his-next-resurrection acid, or milder burn-your-face-but-not-leave-half-of-it-a-skeleton kind of acid?

Well, the balloons would have to be able to sustain the acid, so it couldn't be very potent. Actually, if they have any descent size a peterodactyl could probably use them as a shild and ram them back into the ballooner or at least cause them to pop a save distance away.

Just emailed him asking if I could take over his characters. He should respond to his email this weekend.

Also, I'll write up a Mommy post, tonight or tomorrow. I assume that the MEE has some radios that they can contact each other with, and that's what Mommy will use as an escape plan. Kobold, I'm going to have Mommy clean the rest of the blood off of Lightward's jacket. Is that okay?  

Not any actual problems I could see, but you might better wait until you actually have that escape plan unless you want her to get captured/killed. :mellow:

Edit: actually, Voidus, how likely are Whittle and C4 to spill the beans about Mommy, the Ballooner and Schultz?

Edited by Edgedancer

Just emailed him asking if I could take over his characters. He should respond to his email this weekend.

Also, I'll write up a Mommy post, tonight or tomorrow. I assume that the MEE has some radios that they can contact each other with, and that's what Mommy will use as an escape plan. Kobold, I'm going to have Mommy clean the rest of the blood off of Lightward's jacket. Is that okay?

Yeah its probably better if he shares his characters with someone else- that way we can continue playing even if he is unavailable through no fault of his own.

Edited by Blackhoof

Edit: actually, Voidus, how likely are Whittle and C4 to spill the beans about Mommy, the Ballooner and Schultz?

Well I imagine Whittle is probably going to be eaten before he has the chance but in the face of Nighthound level Slontzeyness I think C4 would probably say something, like Neverthere she's a bit of an opportunist.

Not any actual problems I could see, but you might better wait until you actually have that escape plan unless you want her to get captured/killed. :mellow:

Right. :mellow: I'll think of something...

I was thinking it'd be the stronger sort, but as edge points out it'd just eat through the balloon. Maybe a balloon with weaker acid, then one with gasoline? They are rather large balloons full of liquid, so they'd be pretty heavy. The impact alone from a substantial height would be painful enough in it's own right. And I always say that any acid is potent when it's in your eyes.

What I'd be more worried about is the pterodactyls attacking from above so they can get their ballons or giving away his location, given that the other MEE members haven been taken care of in about a minute or so, he really wouldnt have had the time to prepare any of this. Plus, he'd have to get away from the museum a good distance to safely before he can crash the zeppelin in there, while on the other hand the zepplin would be a gigantic target.

Well, the balloons would have to be able to sustain the acid, so it couldn't be very potent. Actually, if they have any descent size a peterodactyl could probably use them as a shild and ram them back into the ballooner or at least cause them to pop a save distance away.

Well, the pterodactyls could be dealt with, using tape and a well placed bullet. And they wouldn't need too much time, they'd be dropping the balloons like they were carpet bombing the museum. (but not with carpets, that would be just ridiculous...) So anyone standing outside might get hit with one. They're mostly gasoline, with some acid balloons thrown in there for good measure. And I think the pterodactyls would be more inclined to go for the intruders, rather than the things they're dropping, unless Lightwards directed them otherwise.

I was planning on having the Ballooner jump out of the zeppelin to confront/yell incomprehensibly at newly-baptized-in-acid!Lightwards, then see the allosaurus and decide to make a speedy egress. He could spot Mommy, grab her and jump off of the museum with her. Then would then be able to make a dignified retreat by running like mad until they escaped. While this was happening and distracting everyone, Schultz would ditch the zeppelin and make it crash into the museum roof, near the back of the museum.

Also, schultz and the Ballooner were relatively new to the MEE, so they might not be that well known. I was thinking they showed up and Zip immediately put them on "patrol duty", simply to get them out of his hair.

I was thinking it'd be the stronger sort, but as edge points out it'd just eat through the balloon. Maybe a balloon with weaker acid, then one with gasoline? They are rather large balloons full of liquid, so they'd be pretty heavy. The impact alone from a substantial height would be painful enough in it's own right. And I always say that any acid is potent when it's in your eyes.

Well, the pterodactyls could be dealt with, using tape and a well placed bullet. And they wouldn't need too much time, they'd be dropping the balloons like they were carpet bombing the museum. (but not with carpets, that would be just ridiculous...) So anyone standing outside might get hit with one. They're mostly gasoline, with some acid balloons thrown in there for good measure. And I think the pterodactyls would be more inclined to go for the intruders, rather than the things they're dropping, unless Lightwards directed them otherwise.

I was planning on having the Ballooner jump out of the zeppelin to confront/yell incomprehensibly at newly-baptized-in-acid!Lightwards, then see the allosaurus and decide to make a speedy egress. He could spot Mommy, grab her and jump off of the museum with her. Then would then be able to make a dignified retreat by running like mad until they escaped. While this was happening and distracting everyone, Schultz would ditch the zeppelin and make it crash into the museum roof, near the back of the museum.

Also, schultz and the Ballooner were relatively new to the MEE, so they might not be that well known. I was thinking they showed up and Zip immediately put them on "patrol duty", simply to get them out of his hair.

I'm not sure from how big an height he could actually throw those balloons, given that Lightwards is still in a building, meaning walls and ceiling around them.

That'd still be enough to notice everyone to their location, which would pretty much spell their doom.

Two problems with that plan, for one Lucentia is going to know about them any moment now and has a good amount of diamond at the ready, so any larger aircraft like that would simply be caught and crushed. For the other once he's in the museum there's both a dinosaur army to doge, the toy soldiers with actual rifles to dodge and whatever Epic is still hanging around in the museum.

Okay.  I think given Silver's absence, having Converter restrained would actually be preferable, since it would limit the amount that others need to take over.  We can just leave her restrained until Silver returns, and then free her.  Let me know if Silver has something different to say.  

I'm not sure from how big an height he could actually throw those balloons, given that Lightwards is still in a building, meaning walls and ceiling around them.

That'd still be enough to notice everyone to their location, which would pretty much spell their doom.

Two problems with that plan, for one Lucentia is going to know about them any moment now and has a good amount of diamond at the ready, so any larger aircraft like that would simply be caught and crushed. For the other once he's in the museum there's both a dinosaur army to doge, the toy soldiers with actual rifles to dodge and whatever Epic is still hanging around in the museum.

So what if, as soon as they see diamond growing on the zeppelin, Ballooner jumps off and confronts Lightwards?

So what if, as soon as they see diamond growing on the zeppelin, Ballooner jumps off and confronts Lightwards?

How would he keep from being

• Nomnomnomed by Numnums
  • Shredded by raptors
  • Charged by a triceratops
  • Shot in the face with a gun
  • Kicked by Cricket
  • Shot in the face with a gun that Aldo's holding
  • Nighthound'd
  • All of the above?

?