Okay, new Epic idea. His name is Punchline. He has two powers. One, his primary, is that when he begins talking, anyone that can hear him begins to laugh uncontrollably. As he was a politician before Calamity, he hates this power for obvious reasons. The second, more for beefing him up than anything else, is that he is immune to any damage that can be caused by a punch (i.e. blunt trauma, cuts, friction). This, of course, means he can still be killed in a variety of ways.

Whaddaya think? :unsure:

The first power, given his background, sounds more like a weakness--when people laugh at one of his speeches, his powers fail. I like the second, though.

The first power, given his background, sounds more like a weakness--when people laugh at one of his speeches, his powers fail. I like the second, though.

Well, the first one would primarily be used as an offensive ability. The induced laughter is quite strong, so people have difficulty fighting him. Then he shoots them.

Yeah. I haven't really been following the Dalles all that well, which means that was about the second Arsenal post I've read. I wasn't really all that interested in him, but by the forgotten gods, that was an interesting post!

EDIT (to avoid double post): Which thread do you think Punchline would be good in?

Edited by Shattered Logic

I'm with Blackhoof and Voidus. (I wasn't trying to make fun of it; I was commenting the same way I comment on the Stormlight books. ;))

Oh, it's fine. I wasn't mad or anything. :)

(I was a bit concerned that Arsenal's reaction was too melodramatic, so if I sounded dejected or anything, that's why. But like I said, I wasn't mad and I was pretty sure this was just your addiction to Imgflip talking again. ;))

Oh, it's fine. I wasn't mad or anything. :)

(I was a bit concerned that Arsenal's reaction was too melodramatic, so if I sounded dejected or anything, that's why. But like I said, I wasn't mad and I was pretty sure this was just your addiction to Imgflip talking again. ;))

He's an Epic. Other Epics have declared their own divinity while trying to murder people for playing music from their old band. I think the only way you could have him be "too melodramatic" would be to have him howl in despair when he realizes Deathwish is his son, exiled along with him from Alaska by Khione's time bending assistant.

And even then, I think you'd be okay. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I think it was a fascinating look at Arsenal. He was this close to going from "grumpy old guy" to "brutal sociopathic Epic".

Up to this point, we've mostly see the corruption manifest through his mini-rants about how incompetent everyone else is. In that post, we got to see not only how far he's willing to go to make his vision for the city a reality, but that he's already made plans.

Oh my.

Oh my oh my oh my.

Kobold...that Arsenal post...

It was amazing :lol:...

But with the way I've thought about things with Reader...

...Arsenal may become public enemy number 1. :unsure:

EDIT: Why is Timeport only on the ATTD list 3 times? :wacko:

Edited by mail-mi

Also, Voidus: would some of Yorrick's skulls be lying floating around toward the entrance? And if a person were to jump off the museum and grab one, would they float slowly down?

Since Voidgaze is objectively the cutest living thing in Oregon, I propose that cuteness be henceforth measured in "ritas," "kiloritas," and so forth. :P

I see you have discovered the Ritascale. You all know that this is information that has to be keept secret even more than Arsenal secrets? Good, I'm getting the internet nukes. :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Orange Crush has actually had a secret tertiary power this entire time.

Orange Awesomeness: The ability to ignore peoples' objections that he's breaking the laws of physics if it suits him

I think I'm developng an alergy against the words secret [insert numeral]ary power. (although I do realize this is a joke :ph34r: ) Thing is Epic powers only bend physics in ways that are consistently a part of them. Otherwise they act normal, so Curveballs shoots are still as innacurate as they normally would be and Regalia still can't do anything against soap. It's a small enough thing that I normally wouldn't even mind but fixing it to the point where physics aren't broken is just so simple. Simply have him drag down the handcuffs to the ground, so he can properly hack down on them.

Up to this point, we've mostly see the corruption manifest through his mini-rants about how incompetent everyone else is. In that post, we got to see not only how far he's willing to go to make his vision for the city a reality, but that he's already made plans.

You'd think that at this point they'd all have learned not to aggrevate Arsenal this much. :mellow:

Edited by Edgedancer

Also, Voidus: would some of Yorrick's skulls be lying floating around toward the entrance? And if a person were to jump off the museum and grab one, would they float slowly down?

He probably would have pulled them back by now but yeah that's basically what would happen.

Until he dies that is, so I wouldn't count on those for any escape plans.

Or they get out of his range, so they'd probably float down for a hundred metres or so then plummet.

Until he dies that is, so I wouldn't count on those for any escape plans.

About how long is he going to last?

Or they get out of his range, so they'd probably float down for a hundred metres or so then plummet.

...and how high up is the museum? :mellow:

Edited by mail-mi

About how long is he going to last?

...and how high up is the museum? :mellow:

Not sure yet, although it won't be for very long.

Lightwards estimated 3000 feet, even saying he estimated a bit generously that'd still be to high for a 100 meters to save anyone's live.

it would be ironic indeed if something Arsenal does is what leads to the destruction of the Dalles.

it would be ironic indeed if something Arsenal does is what leads to the destruction of the Dalles.

That's the stuff that happens, if you keep letting people bully the dragon.

Edited by Edgedancer