Gavilar's Shards

Mailliw73

Who received Gavilar's shards when he was killed? I would assume Elhokar, being his heir, received them but, it says Gavilar's shardplate was blue while Elhokar's was gold. So was Gavilar's Plate given to Adolin? And Gavilar's Blade has the description of having a design like burning flames and Elhokar's was named Sunraiser-for the designs?

Everyone except Dalinar does regularly repaint their shardplate, so that could be an easy explanation for the different color. If they are not one and the same, I would guess they have been held in waiting for Elhokar's heir either under guard somewhere, or being used by some champion.

I Actually just found that Dalinar thinks to himself saying that he won a set of Shards his first year out of the plains and gave it to Elhokar. So Elhokar's are not Gavilar's

Actually, he said that he gave them to Elhokar to give to a warrior of his choosing. I would say that Gavilar's shards are now his.

Here you go :D

He was wearing his Shardplate, and so he had to be careful when grabbing it, lest he crush it. One’s muscles reacted with increased speed, strength, and dexterity when wearing the armor, and it took practice to use it correctly. Adolin was still occasionally caught by surprise, though he’d held this suit--inherited from his mother’s side of the family--since his sixteenth birthday. That was now seven years past.

• Chaos locked this topic