Darkness's hit list -- SPOILERS

ARARITA

According to Dalinar, the alethi first tried to talk to the Parshendi after the assassination, but their messengers throught the years before WoK were killed (or refused, not completely sure). So there were attempts of peace pre-WoK and the Listeners didn't consider them. What exactly did they think would happen? It should have been obvious enough after a few years that the alethi won't just leave them alone.

Besides, they could have came up with a reason for Gavilar's assassination or blame it on the already executed leaders or whatever instead of declaring 'we did it!!!' and fleeing to the Shattered Plains, hoping the alethi won't bother them for long. They had years to come up with a believable explanation, the fact that they didn't even try is incredibly stupid and unexplainable to me.

I believe that Darkness giving up now that the Radiants are back and he's too late does have it's merits

but

I think it is gonna be part of the story - no way of knowing

I also believe him going after Shallan or Adolin is gonna stir it up

lots of good story stuffs either way

but

on futher reflection I believe that Adolin is next

i think Shallan is too far along -

I believe Shallan or Kal will have to save him from Darkness/Szeth

and that will put Radiant against Radiant

+ as for the Eshonai / Venli thing

Venli has been corrupted - perhaps she has changed to Stormform before - doesn't matter

she manipulated her sister

Eshonai was willing to have peace until she took the new form -

because their numbers were dwindling and they would eventually lose

Stormform corrupted her and made her fight

but I believe Venli tricked her not just to fight but to release the Everstorm

Basically, they made a desperate decision which they thought was necessary, and they weren't quite as capable of handling it as well as they thought and it really screwed them over in the end. I'm only wondering why Eshonai had to beat Dalinar into submission at the Battle of the Tower before she tried to talk to him!

She didn't recognize him until she smashed his helmet (at least I think that's what happened, it's been a while since I've last read the book so I could be wrong) at that point she says something along the lines of "I've found you".

I don't think he'll go after kaladin. Yes he has committed crimes but all of them he has either been pardoned for or paid for by the law of the land. Now shallow n on the other hand, all of her work as veil, and her past makes a plethora of crimes for darkness to find out about. As for will he help humanity, that is questionable, he may be live that if he gets ride of the current raidents he can restore an equilibrium. He's to good of an anti hero to automatically switch sides. I can see him doing a whole "this is the punishment for your crime humanity, BURN!

Q:  What Jasnah did, in the first book, with Shallan in the alleyway. And what happened at the end of this book, between Adolin and the other character. Would you put them on the same level? Or would you say that what Adolin did was maybe a little bit darker?
A:  I would say that what Adolin did was less dark, personally. I would say that what Adolin did was something that needed to be done, that no one else was capable of doing.
Q:  Will it have any ramifications for him down the line? With how it was handled?
A:  Oh, there are definitely ramifications. How it's handled, there's lots of ramifications. And there are certain characters who would think that what he did is totally, totally, totally wrong.

I of course read into this to mean Darkness would think it totally, totally, totally wrong  :D

Nin is more about law than morality, so I think he would rank it all under "killing a criminal without proper documentation". Plus, he doens't kill people because they are breaking the law, he just kills however he wants as long as the law allows it.

he doens't kill people because they are breaking the law, he just kills however he wants as long as the law allows it.

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head.

This is why I think that Helaran was working for the skybreakers when he tried to kill Amaram.  Killing him on the battlefield is legal (if it's legal under the Geneva Convention, it's probably legal in Alethkar).  An assassination is illegal.  And going after a full shardbearer was too risky.

Edited by Patrick Star

• Chaos locked this topic