Parshendi Confusion

Aizhen

There were probably intelligent spren before that though right? The Adonalsium-type. They might have gained sentience by then.

But yeah, that's closer to what I was thinking. The majority of spren began favoring humans since they were low in number to begin with.

Edited by natc

There is a theory out there that at first Honor and Cultivation gave their spren to the Listeners so they would help humanity to adapt to Roshar, and those Listeners became know as dawnsingers. Sadly I don't have the link to the full theory, since the last time I have seem it I was still a lurker.

• 2 weeks later...

After a quicky re-read of the WoK prologue I've come up with a new headcannon for why the parshendi killed Gavilar, how Venli discovered stormform and why Gavilar told the parshendi his plans.

My idea is tha before telling the parshendi his plans, Gavilar was already doing research and experiments on how to bring the final desolation, perhaps because doing so he could force Odium to choose a champion and defeat him. Venli was Gavilar's contact with the parshendi, and he somehow managed to make her temporaly take a form of power, perhaps using the dark sphere to summon a voidspren. What he didn't know was that Venli liked being a voidbringer, and started manipulating him. So when he told the parshendi his plans he thought Venli had explained them he expected to summon Odium and defeat him, but Venli told them to just listen to him and pretend to agree, without asking questions, them kill him. The council, afraid of the return of their gods, agreed to kill him. When Szeth killed him, he sounded surprised that the parshendi sent him, and, probably guessing Venli's objectives, gave Szeth the black sphere, a portal to Braize, so Venli couldn't just call the Everstorm and Odium on her own.

EDIT: Storms and ashes, that was long. And unreadable as hell. Well, that proves being able to read Stormlight Archive in a foreign language does not make you able to theorize in that language.

Edit2: Sorry for weird typos, tipping on mobile device.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

• Chaos locked this topic