Cosmere City: Worldbuilding thread

Sorry I haven't been contributing lately, is it too late to get immersed in the plot? :/

I'm open to anyone's suggestions if they have a particular plot idea they want to work on together, I haven't got anything particular in mind.  :V

First of all, sorry for godmodding. This is my first RP, and I'm still getting used to it. I did make some presumptions, and if I stepped over the line, I apologise. I had assumed that Mist would be burning tin, which may have been presumptuous, and I had no idea that dialogue was discouraged. In future I'll bear this in mind. Can we presume that the king keeps tabs on people with magic in Cosmere City, and move on?

Second of all, it seems like all the major characters are heading to this Pottery Exhibit. May I suggest the following: At the Pottery Exhibit, everybody attempts to stop Ven, successfully. However, Ven then explains that he was attempting to stop Arcus from getting the lerasium. By the time they realise he's telling the truth, Arcus has gotten the Lerasium bead(s?). From there, a single official group is set up to tackle the impending doom represented by Arcus through his nefarious scheme (which I have no idea what it is).

First of all, sorry for godmodding. This is my first RP, and I'm still getting used to it. I did make some presumptions, and if I stepped over the line, I apologise. I had assumed that Mist would be burning tin, which may have been presumptuous, and I had no idea that dialogue was discouraged. In future I'll bear this in mind. Can we presume that the king keeps tabs on people with magic in Cosmere City, and move on?

Second of all, it seems like all the major characters are heading to this Pottery Exhibit. May I suggest the following: At the Pottery Exhibit, everybody attempts to stop Ven, successfully. However, Ven then explains that he was attempting to stop Arcus from getting the lerasium. By the time they realise he's telling the truth, Arcus has gotten the Lerasium bead(s?). From there, a single official group is set up to tackle the impending doom represented by Arcus through his nefarious scheme (which I have no idea what it is).

I could work with that, given that a Pottery Exhibit is as good a meeting point as any :V

Great plan. I will be gone for a while so don't start anything important.

God-modding it. If you need to god-mod, do little actions instead. Such as if you call another character over, you could play tat character walking over so that their rper wouldn't have to make one short post about it, and it can flow easier.

Also, completely off topic, I'm at a point in the Alloy of Law rp where I need to play Resool again, are you coming back to that?

All right, I'll figure out a thing to do there.

[E] Might take Bella, if there isn't a problem with that. I really like her character and it would help keep things smooth.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

One solution I've used to organize long sways of dialogue is to work out which character will say what over a PM- perhaps that is a better alternative?

Also, since there seems to be a lot of discussion of "Godmodding"- if some are you are new I would recommend consulting this [ I know this is for the Reckoners RP, but it helped me get into the flow of things- perhaps those basics can help others too. 

In my next post, I was planning on describing how a city like this could exist in the cosmere. I've got a general idea already, but that subject would affect all the characters- is there anything specific anyone wants to mention that is vital in order to prevent inconsistencies? :V

My characters all have the genetic trait of laser vision, but each was born with another gene which prevents its use. Just keep that in mind. It's probably really important. I mean, seriously. LASER VISION!!! Imagine if at some point I really needed it, but forgot that I couldn't use it. I might step out of line and actually use LASER VISION! Things would just be OP after that point and I know there's no way I could be held responsible for the death and destruction to follow.

Other than that, nah. I'm good with what you have planned. :)

I was unclear on this point- Mist recently ran out of tin, because she's terrible at planning ahead, and though she has the bar she just bought she still has to shave it into flakes and put it in vials with solution so it's drinkable. So right now she's completely tin-less and just has her zinc.

Hi all. I am back. I see a lot of good stuff going on in this thread. Just for a update, Mistrunner is the new co-moderator.

I read Turos's very helpful long post and I have something to say about that. I do not have a long story arc planned. I do have the next part. Young Bard beat me to it, though. Arcus will get the beads of lerasium. Ven will be locked up ( he is a criminal) and Kaythus's son will join our group. BTY, what are we going to call our group?

The bad guys would be the Red Team.

Ha ha! Just throwing out punny ideas. What do you have in mind?

We could be the AAA, Anti-Arcus Associates. Or the Mist-ssassins. Or maybe the Chasmfiends.

I hope my next post is alright with everyone .3.;

My hope was to help make the scene more "realistic" by explaining how it came to exist, etc. If anyone has any issues with it, I don't mind making amendments.

Oooohoohoohoo! *shivers*

I like the dark, yet breath-taking scene you have created. Nicely done, Unodus. Its reminds me of playing Jak and Daxter, all colorful and mischeivous, and then playing the sequel video game: Jak II, a darker shadow with sad hints of good memories lost forever. Now I just need a dark eco peacemaker and some metalheads to waste. ;)

I have one concern. The time-dilation and super nova would put a damper on inter-world travel, at least by ships, right? Would this mean nobody can leave the planet now? I suppose none of us are probably planning to leave. As far as arriving, one of my characters arrive by merchant space ship from Scadrial. Maybe there's a way to jump through a narrow section of space without danger.

I still love this idea, though.

As far as the plot goes, my characters are waiting to hear the big plan from Charden.

Edited by Turos