Only if they kissed. If not, she'd go there for a good cry. :P

And talk to dust bunnies while dirtying dishes? :P

(We'll keep the Nathan/Revolution ship open in case public opinion shifts in favor of a What Happened in the Sock Puppet Dimension spinoff. :ph34r:  :P)

Edited by Kobold King

oh yeah, he can just freeze people straight out. In fact, he is probably more offensive than defensive- he is only defensive against heat-based attacks, like fire Epics. But he can be offensive against anyone.

When I first thought of that power set, it took someone pointing that out for me to realize that it could be used offensively.

I just recently planned one of mine facing their fears. I think that those cases should be handled delicately and GM-approved first, but not that we should avoid it entirely. 

i feel like if it does happen, it should be massively low-key. Like the whole thing is pretty secret and no-one knows. Otherwise we need to question why David has not heard of this good Epic before, and why this Epic didn't go around convincing other good Epics to face their fears, raising the profile massively. I mean, for some reason most Epics seem to not have made the fear-weakness connection (at least not as explicitly as we know), so I feel like we can't have too many doing it. 

After all, there is a reason people think all Epics are evil, and why vanillas still haven't made the fear-weakness connection after all this time.

When I first thought of that power set, it took someone pointing that out for me to realize that it could be used offensively.

well, if the offensive part messes with your original conception of the character, you could always say that he cannot use his power on organic things and stuff in their immediate proximing (so no freezing clothes)? Many powers have that caveat. That way, he can't just freeze people to death as an insta-kill, he has to be a bit more creative.

Your call :)

i feel like if it does happen, it should be massively low-key. Like the whole thing is pretty secret and no-one knows. Otherwise we need to question why David has not heard of this good Epic before, and why this Epic didn't go around convincing other good Epics to face their fears, raising the profile massively. I mean, for some reason most Epics seem to not have made the fear-weakness connection (at least not as explicitly as we know), so I feel like we can't have too many doing it.

After all, there is a reason people think all Epics are evil, and why vanillas still haven't made the fear-weakness connection after all this time.

well, if the offensive part messes with your original conception of the character, you could always say that he cannot use his power on organic things and stuff in their immediate proximing (so no freezing clothes)? Many powers have that caveat. That way, he can't just freeze people to death as an insta-kill, he has to be a bit more creative.

For one thing, David is in Newcago and our characters are in Oregon. It's about to be embroiled in war, and a lot of characters won't survive. Not only will the war keep them busy, but it's pretty implausible that David would know when every Epic in the FSA faces their fears. So in other words, it's completely plausible that it could happen, remain localized, and only escape the state in rumor.

Second, we've planned it tentatively for two Epics, with one tentatively post-fear. Three Epics, out of over three dozen, plus more that haven't been named. Most player Epics have been slated to grow worse, and those who aren't probably won't make the fear-corruption connection.

I agree that it shouldn't be common, but it won't be. Most Epics, as I said, are only going to get worse.

Well I need some way of him to fight, preferably with defensive(ish) powers because that is cooler. 

For one thing, David is in Newcago and our characters are in Oregon. It's about to be embroiled in war, and a lot of characters won't survive. Not only will the war keep them busy, but it's pretty implausible that David would know when every Epic in the FSA faces their fears. So in other words, it's completely plausible that it could happen, remain localized, and only escape the state in rumor.

Second, we've planned it tentatively for two Epics, with one tentatively post-fear. Three Epics, out of over three dozen, plus more that haven't been named. Most player Epics have been slated to grow worse, and those who aren't probably won't make the fear-corruption connection.

I agree that it shouldn't be common, but it won't be. Most Epics, as I said, are only going to get worse.

Yeah, but David has spent his life researching Epics. He has heard of epics from Ireland, Germany and Mexico. Compared to that Oregon isn't that far away.

But I agree, I'm sure one or two wouldn't necessarily generate much news.

Well I need some way of him to fight, preferably with defensive(ish) powers because that is cooler. 

well fighting with good old guns, knives and swords, combined with his super agility and such, he could put up a decent fight against vanillas and minor Epics, for sure. 

Its possible, just makes it harder, is all.

Yeah, but David has spent his life researching Epics. He has heard of epics from Ireland, Germany and Mexico. Compared to that Oregon isn't that far away.

But I agree, I'm sure one or two wouldn't necessarily generate much news.

True, but as I pointed out, you could count the number of Epics slated to face their fears by the end of the game on one hand. In a game where the entire state is going to be destroyed by loathsome Epics, I think we NEED a few Epics to face their fears just to keep the whole thing from descending into Darkness Induced Audience Apathy.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Useless. Empty. Brain.

tumblr_ngjzdtpqw41sn03clo2_400.gif

tumblr_nippn8jDAk1qk4nn7o1_500.gif

That Timelock post may just have to wait a while. Sorry. Go ahead and do things; I can fit it in later if necessary. 

*sigh*

No need to freet. Voidus or Twi, does one of you want to pick up the slack Smooze. :P

(We'll keep the Nathan/Revolution ship open in case public opinion shifts in favor of a What Happened in the Sock Puppet Dimension spinoff. :ph34r:  :P)

Do tell me more, suddenly that seems quite the potential. :ph34r:

Meh, it's not like killing people on touch is anything out of proportion, so no need to change it I'd say.

I've decided to change the way I write Revolution. From now on, she will not speak a single sentence that is not about chakras, auras, or some kind of spiritual vibration, man.

You're welcome. :P

Dude,that's a real awesome flow you found there for yourself. Even though Maud Pie has like the most stable chakra ever.

On the episode itself. I have to say that jealous Discord is kind of cute. :P (Plus he made a Metal Gear Solid reference, so that's a good. ;) ) Although, this entire episode made mo wonder if they learned anything about not treating Discord like a nunciance after he defected to Tirek.

Do tell me more, suddenly that seems quite the potential. :ph34r:

Dude,that's a real awesome flow you found there for yourself. Even though Maud Pie has like the most stable chakra ever.

On the episode itself. I have to say that jealous Discord is kind of cute. :P (Plus he made a Metal Gear Solid reference, so that's a good. ;) ) Although, this entire episode made mo wonder if they learned anything about not treating Discord like a nunciance after he defected to Tirek.

Doesn't it, though? Although the Mustachioed Sock Puppet Dimension would present some unique challenges (how will Nathan and Revolution pull the switch to send themselves back home when they don't have hands?) I think they're worth exploring. :ph34r:

Jealous!Discord was pretty adorable. But yes, ignoring him is a bad idea, since he has the key to sending people to the Mustachioed Sock Puppet Dimension. And from what we could tell, it wasn't that difficult for him. :mellow: 

Am I the only one who thought for a second he'd invite the mail pony as his plus one?

Doesn't it, though? Although the Mustachioed Sock Puppet Dimension would present some unique challenges (how will Nathan and Revolution pull the switch to send themselves back home when they don't have hands?) I think they're worth exploring. :ph34r:

Jealous!Discord was pretty adorable. But yes, ignoring him is a bad idea, since he has the key to sending people to the Mustachioed Sock Puppet Dimension. And from what we could tell, it wasn't that difficult for him. :mellow:

Am I the only one who thought for a second he'd invite the mail pony as his plus one?

You're thinking about it from the wrong angle. It's not like they wouldn't have hands but their hands would make them the supreme emperors over the sock puppets. B)

About as dificult as scretching the air. :unsure:

It was a distinc possiblity. Then again one would ask why Discord doesn't get magical mail service, given both his location and importanct... unless Celestia wanted him to grow jealous. (This episode really gives fooder to Troll! and Evil!Celestia.)

You're thinking about it from the wrong angle. It's not like they wouldn't have hands but their hands would make them the supreme emperors over the sock puppets. B)

About as dificult as scretching the air. :unsure:

It was a distinc possiblity. Then again one would ask why Discord doesn't get magical mail service, given both his location and importanct... unless Celestia wanted him to grow jealous. (This episode really gives fooder to Troll! and Evil!Celestia.)

see. So this isn't to be a story of two lovers tragically banished to a hostile dimension by a spurned goddess; it's the story of two lovers tragically banished to a hostile dimension by a spurned goddess…whose fully developed appendages almost immediately elevate them to the status of gods themselves. Will their hands power corrupt them, or will they be benevolent deities? Only time will tell….:ph34r:

Yeah. Not too hard, once you figure out exactly where you want to send a poor hippie pony. :mellow: 

Did she invite him because of his chaotic, fun-loving nature….or did she invite him because she knew his chaotic, fun-loving nature would have been stretched near to breaking by the constant suspense of whether or not he was actually invited? Did she hope his invitation really would get lost and he'd invite himself anyway, knowing he would be even more chaotic than usual?

see. So this isn't to be a story of two lovers tragically banished to a hostile dimension by a spurned goddess; it's the story of two lovers tragically banished to a hostile dimension by a spurned goddess…whose fully developed appendages almost immediately elevate them to the status of gods themselves. Will their hands power corrupt them, or will they be benevolent deities? Only time will tell…. :ph34r:

Yeah. Not too hard, once you figure out exactly where you want to send a poor hippie pony. :mellow:

Did she invite him because of his chaotic, fun-loving nature….or did she invite him because she knew his chaotic, fun-loving nature would have been stretched near to breaking by the constant suspense of whether or not he was actually invited? Did she hope his invitation really would get lost and he'd invite himself anyway, knowing he would be even more chaotic than usual?

Twi, Kobold, make it happen. :P

Celestia really should have known that mail takes a while to reach Discord, even if the problem never happened and expressed excitement at not inviting him at all, so she probably hoped for something. Unless, sending the invitations was a part of the work Twilight took over, in which case good job princes of friendship. :P

Twi, Kobold, make it happen. :P

Celestia really should have known that mail takes a while to reach Discord, even if the problem never happened and expressed excitement at not inviting him at all, so she probably hoped for something. Unless, sending the invitations was a part of the work Twilight took over, in which case good job princes of friendship. :P

Kobold? I think Revolution ought to make the first move here. :P

Well, that one episode where she visited Ponyville and had tea at the Cakes' bakery proved she has some trollishness in her, and it could be argued that she invited the Mane 6 to the first Grand Galloping Gala—with as little background information as possible—in hopes they would liven things up by making fools of themselves. So there's certainly precedent. And given Twilight's meticulous nature, I'm not inclined to believe she'd let something as big as Discord's invitation slip through the cracks, unless Celestia gave her incorrect information about the best way to get his invitation to him on time.

I can get a Bioterror post up but what kind of scope are we talking, shifting the conversation away to another topic or just some filler to keep things going?

At this point I'd say whatever suits you best.

Kobold? I think Revolution ought to make the first move here. :P

Well, that one episode where she visited Ponyville and had tea at the Cakes' bakery proved she has some trollishness in her, and it could be argued that she invited the Mane 6 to the first Grand Galloping Gala—with as little background information as possible—in hopes they would liven things up by making fools of themselves. So there's certainly precedent. And given Twilight's meticulous nature, I'm not inclined to believe she'd let something as big as Discord's invitation slip through the cracks, unless Celestia gave her incorrect information about the best way to get his invitation to him on time.

Sorry Forrest but an faceless NPC just can't keep up with the allure of infinite might over a sock uppet dimension. :P

Seems like age is getting to her. Talking about age, it's kind of a good thing that Discord never really had friends before, otherwise we would have to deal with all of them dying of old age while he was imprisoned. :unsure:

Alright I'll try to get something up soon.

New Epic idea for no reason, semi-serious.

Cliche:
Primary power- Probability manipulation- Cliche's life since calamity has been a series of tropes, he can mentally set the genre of tropes that will occur but not specifically. When Cliche is around bad guys aim suddenly becomes inexplicably terrible while protagonists can harm someone with every shot.

At this point I'd say whatever suits you best.

Sorry Forrest but an faceless NPC just can't keep up with the allure of infinite might over a sock uppet dimension. :P

Seems like age is getting to her. Talking about age, it's kind of a good thing that Discord never really had friends before, otherwise we would have to deal with all of them dying of old age while he was imprisoned. :unsure:

And it's too late for a love triangle. I mean, we already have one—Nathan, Revolution, and infinite power over sock puppets. :P

That would be super depressing, especially since he was introduced as a villain. Though in Celestia's case, once you've lived a few thousand years, there's really not much else to do but troll people. :P

Alright I'll try to get something up soon.

New Epic idea for no reason, semi-serious.

Cliche:

Primary power- Probability manipulation- Cliche's life since calamity has been a series of tropes, he can mentally set the genre of tropes that will occur but not specifically. When Cliche is around bad guys aim suddenly becomes inexplicably terrible while protagonists can harm someone with every shot.

Possible, the question would be how being a Protagonist is being determined, though.

And it's too late for a love triangle. I mean, we already have one—Nathan, Revolution, and infinite power over sock puppets. :P

That would be super depressing, especially since he was introduced as a villain. Though in Celestia's case, once you've lived a few thousand years, there's really not much else to do but troll people. :P

"Nathan, your chakras glow with an intensity, man I've never seen something like that... but the socks they are like unique and they need my attention." :P

Just something that popped into my head when Discord talked about being so old of course he has more friends.

New Bioterror/Adventurer post up: In which Bioterror grosses everyone out.

Possible, the question would be how being a Protagonist is being determined, though.

"Nathan, your chakras glow with an intensity, man I've never seen something like that... but the socks they are like unique and they need my attention." :P

Just something that popped into my head when Discord talked about being so old of course he has more friends.

Well in the RP so far I'd say it's pretty much limited to Remington and maybe Vondra, people who typically fight a lot of bad guys with guns I guess.

New Bioterror/Adventurer post up: In which Bioterror grosses everyone out.

Well in the RP so far I'd say it's pretty much limited to Remington and maybe Vondra, people who typically fight a lot of bad guys with guns I guess.

Oh please. it's only an eye and we all know that there is more than one I in team... figuratively speaking. :P (Is it still attached to the nerves?)

By the way, removing the ladders alone is worth ten upvotes. ;)

What if Cliche would fight aginst one of them? Would he get bad aim as one of the villains or does his own perspective on whose a bad guy weight more?

Edited by Edgedancer

Oh please. it's only an eye and we all know that there is more than one I in team... figuratively speaking. :P (Is it still attached to the nerves?)

By the way, removing the ladders alone is worth ten upvotes. ;)

What if Cliche would fight aginst one of them? Would he get bad aim as one of the villains or does his own perspective on whose a bad guy weight more?

The eye was still attached yeah, otherwise it'd immediately fly back as part of his healing.

Thanks, I think the sims is probably going to get a few references given the similarities between Epics and sims players. (Both given great powers, both mostly using those powers to torture people :P)

Well he'd probably count as a big bad rather than a generic bad guy but yeah he'd get the bad guy tropes, such as a compulsion to monologue before actually killing people.