Hazekiller Round

Turos

You're thinking of the timing wrong. In AoL Wayne puts up a speed bubble, checks the incoming bullets, moves to a safe location, drops the bubble, those bullets hit harmlessly, he makes a new bubble, repeat.

None of the shots from my shotgun are going to hit the speed bubble itself, they simply remove any safe location for Wayne to move into for when he drops the bubble.

It doesn't matter if the bullets are meant to hit the bubble, if the bubble never drops they will have to.

Hence why I'm trying to figure out if entering the bubble jostles the same way as exiting.

It doesn't matter if the bullets are meant to hit the bubble, if the bubble never drops they will have to.

Hence why I'm trying to figure out if entering the bubble jostles the same way as exiting.

To be fair, using Bendalloy bubbles that way would use up a lot of metal, so it would at least severly reduce his reserves.

For pewterarms, coinshots and bloodmakers I'd suggest a 'laceration bullet'. My idea here is for a dozen small wooden pellets packed into a container with metal on the bottom side (the side facing the shooter while the bullet is in the air). A coinshot would push on that metal, causing it to drop off and breaking the container for the smaller wooden bullets to keep flying. Against pewterarms and bloodmakers, the shooter would use an ironpull on the bullet just before it hits, scattering the pellets.

On a bloodmaker, this is meant to force them to heal against a dozen smaller wounds. Against a pewterarm, the pain is meant to force them to flare their pewter, and thereby extinguish it faster.

Upon entering, they travel normally. Deflection only happens upon exit:

AoL, Ch18 (P352 in the eBook)

He turned, noticing another bullet about to hit his speed bubble. He jumped to the side just before it touched the perimeter, zipped through the air in a heartbeat, then hit the other side and slowed again, deflected erratically up toward the ceiling.

Edited by LabRat

Upon entering, they travel normally. Deflection only happens upon exit:

AoL, Ch18 (P352 in the eBook)

He turned, noticing another bullet about to hit his speed bubble. He jumped to the side just before it touched the perimeter, zipped through the air in a heartbeat, then hit the other side and slowed again, deflected erratically up toward the ceiling.

That doesn't show that they don't deflect upon entry, just that it still deflected upon exit.

1. No mention of deflection on entry

2. Wayne jumped aside, instead of diving for cover, indicating he knew where it would go.

3. Specific mention of deflection upon leaving

I agree it's not airtight, but it's a pretty good indication. There's also this:

The backup plan had been straightforward, if difficult. It had begun with eliminating all of Miles’s lackeys. Even one of them, left alive, could have noticed what the speed bubble meant and shot Waxillium and Marasi from the outside. There wouldn’t have been anything they could have done to prevent it.

Again, not airtight, but the fact that they were worried about being shot from outside the bubble is telling.

1. No mention of deflection on entry

2. Wayne jumped aside, instead of diving for cover, indicating he knew where it would go.

3. Specific mention of deflection upon leaving

I agree it's not airtight, but it's a pretty good indication. There's also this:

The backup plan had been straightforward, if difficult. It had begun with eliminating all of Miles’s lackeys. Even one of them, left alive, could have noticed what the speed bubble meant and shot Waxillium and Marasi from the outside. There wouldn’t have been anything they could have done to prevent it.

Again, not airtight, but the fact that they were worried about being shot from outside the bubble is telling.

Actually given that a Cadmium bubble is essentially a reverse Bendalloy bubble that could only prove what should happen for bullets exiting a Bendalloy bubble, since we definitely know that they deflect coming out of a Bendalloy bubble they definitely would going into a Cadmium bubble, I think that the reason was more that they didn't want anyone alive to move around and alert Miles since then he might escape before the plan succeeded.

• Chaos locked this topic