Does anyone know how to contact Brandon about getting White Sands and Aether of Night?

Do you just.. ask? What would you put in said email?

Mine was something along the lines of:

Hello Team Sanderson!

I am e-mailing you today to congratulate you on the news that White Sand will be turned into some graphic novels. As a fan of graphic novels, I'm really excited to see the final product on the shelves of bookstores. I am obviously also a fan of Brandon, however, and I particularly enjoy his prose. As such, the news that White Sand would likely not also become a published book one day was a touch disheartening, so I was wondering if you could be so kind as to send me a copy of the current prose version, as I've heard you fine folk will often do so. I understand it's unpolished, but I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

That's a rough paraphrase that pretty much captures what I said. Obviously I sent my request shortly after the White Sand GN news surfaced (approximately that same day), and I remember including a section of the e-mail explaining that I'd understand if they chose to no longer send out the pdf due to the recent deal.

What do they do just print it out on paper and then pay to mail it to you? Or do they give the digital copy and ask you not to share it? 

PDF. The honor system is used. If you'll notice, though, you won't find a copy online (at least not easily). It's worked well so far, and I have a feeling that the moment someone ruins it, they'll stop sending copies to people who ask for them.

I got sent .doc files, but maybe he's changed it. It did take a long time (months) for a response but others have reported responses within days. I'm sure it has something to do with traveling. For instance, he's overseas right now. 

I got sent .doc files, but maybe he's changed it. It did take a long time (months) for a response but others have reported responses within days. I'm sure it has something to do with traveling. For instance, he's overseas right now. 

You might be right. I haven't looked at mine in a while, it could be .doc

• 2 years later...
  • Chaos locked this topic