Gemmel?

Ursus

I've been retreading the Mistborn series and have seen references to Gemmel, Kelsier's trainer.

That's pretty much all I know, anyone else know anything? I haven't been able to find anything on the forums or wiki other than he trained Kelsier and was apparently corrupted by Ruin.

Ready. Set. Discuss.

Do you know if there is an online publication of the storyline of the RPG or if I can buy just the story? I'm not much of a RP'er

--That weird guy no one knows anything about, Gemmel.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Gemmel

The book is a nice reference for the series, meant to function as a companion to the trilogy in addition to providing the basis for a game. It's chock-full of notes direct from Brandon, as well as details on the people, the magic, and the world.

That being said, if you're not down with dropping the $35 for a book just to get a short story, I think there's a PDF edition that's $15. In the end, it was written to specifically accompany the book, and I don't know of any plans to publish it elsewhere just now.

The book is a nice reference for the series, meant to function as a companion to the trilogy in addition to providing the basis for a game. It's chock-full of notes direct from Brandon, as well as details on the people, the magic, and the world.

That being said, if you're not down with dropping the $35 for a book just to get a short story, I think there's a PDF edition that's $15. In the end, it was written to specifically accompany the book, and I don't know of any plans to publish it elsewhere just now.

Excellent! Do you know where said PDF can be found? I tried searching for it but found nothing.

Thanks for the reply!

--Gemmel

Here you go! If you look under the cover, you can click that drop-down menu and select the digital edition. That's what I bought as well. I didn't regret it at all, the story is wonderful. Full disclosure, so you know what you're paying for, the story is about twelve and a half pages long. It's also got lots of interesting facts about the world of Scadrial. I think Brandon mentioned that the story would appear exclusively in the MAG for at least a couple years before he'd consider posting it on his site.

• Chaos locked this topic