Fate of the parshmen (spoilers)

.S.A.M.K.M

So we know they are voidbringers changed by the storms into monsters. I wonder say they were to become parshendi first, any chance it offers somekind of protection, or way to resist the void spren. It could be a way to co opting hte enemy forces, and bolster numbers.

We know the highprinces abandoned their parshmen in the crators. So if the storm finds them, a whole new force of void bringers are coming. We know the last of the parshendi were running away, so what would happen if they found the parshmen first, could they convert them to their own people?

The last parshendi shard bearer fell into the chasams, so the stoems might have washed her to the parshemn collection. Is she still in stomform? Will she make the parshemen into her new army? She apparently gets her own book, so it makes sense if she regains her independance once more.

On the wiki, it is claimed the horn eaters are the result of interbreeding with listerns. So will they be altered by void spren.

I doubt the Unkalaki (horneaters) will be influenced by the voidspren, because Rock would be evil, and that would be sad.  The Highprinces probably left their parshmen back at camp because they could not chance them becoming angry at touching the dead Parshendi, but they had no idea what the Parshendi were doing at the time.  I hope that Eshonai did not die, mostly because I want to see where the story goes.  It feels like a hanging ending.  One question I have about this whole shebang is can the Listeners get out of storm form? If so, how?

Is there somehow a way that they jolt out of Stormform? The parshendi may have done that after the desolations.  Otherwise, they would have been forced to take a form, and that does not seem to be the way it works.  Maybe the parshmen wanted to get revenge for their people in the future, so willingly gave up their lives for the opportunity?

Thw parshendi bridgeman remained himself, so i wonder, if his people in the safe forms, are immune to the true void bringers. Use a bondsmith, and those gems that contain a spren, to remove the voidspren, and insert the good one. negate their advantage.

It seems that even those Parshendi that were in dullform, like Rlain the bridgeman, were not immune.  The dullform on the council was reluctant to change form because he thought it was wrong, but once he changed, it didn't seem that he regretted it.  I think Rlain was a special case, partly because he knew the bridgemen that his people were fighting against.

It seems that even those Parshendi that were in dullform, like Rlain the bridgeman, were not immune. The dullform on the council was reluctant to change form because he thought it was wrong, but once he changed, it didn't seem that he regretted it. I think Rlain was a special case, partly because he knew the bridgemen that his people were fighting against.

What does this have to do with the forced Everstorm transformation at all? Any Listener can ditch their form for another.

Do they have to do it in a highstorm?  I have a feeling that the Everstorm offers no choice if the Parshendi are exposed, because the spren ride with the storm.  A highstorm only has the Stormfather, as far as I know, so the Listeners choose which spren they wish to bond with and take it into the storm so they can change.  So yes, they could ditch the Stormform once it has taken effect.  The bigger question is whether or not they want to.

I remember Eshonai mentioning that before the Parshendi discovered the ability to trap spren in gems, they would face the storm and try to attract the spren the desired- sometimes working, sometimes not, but usually not (which is why they had such a limited number of forms known.

Also, Didn't Rlain/Shen warn Dalinar that any parshmen (and Parshendi) out in any storms will change to stormform? If so, that implies that the voidspren are the only spren available during a either type of storm now. Or at least, other spren won't come near the Parsh when voidspren are about.

• Chaos locked this topic