What book(s) are you looking forward to most about the Cosmere?

Turos

106 members have voted

1. 1. What Cosmere book are you most excited to read?

• The Book of Endless Pages aka Stormlight Archive 2
    • Nightblood aka Warbreaker 2
    • The Emperor's Soul
    • Elantris 2 aka Adien's the hero in this one
    • Shadows of Self aka Alloy of Law 2
    • Modern-time Mistborn Trilogy
    • Future-time Mistborn Trilogy
    • The Liar of Partinel aka Hoid's origin story
    • Dragonsteel
    • Another Cosmere book/series

Hoid interests me most too but without all the mystery about him I doubt he would be that interesting and he's going to be in most of the upcoming books(if not in all). I don't think his parts will be same after his story is revealed. Better to learn more about him with little hints here and there than just read his story. Stormlight Archive has most of him at this point so there will be more of those little hints and interesting stuff. I choose Stormligh Achive, not just second book but all of them. Then Mistborn books. After that Liar of Partinel and Dragonsteel. Standalone books in between.

It's a toss up between the future Mistborn Trilogy and Liar of Partinel. Both of which are both the oldest and latest stories in the cosmere. I voted Mistborn, simply because I'm an ultra-Mistborn nerd, but I am deeply interested in Hoid's background and how Adonalsium was Shattered.

Which is kind of funny, considering your name.

Since Brandon's never been the type to leave his magic systems alone and unexplained, I'm expecting to learn the rest of the hemalurgic properties, as well as the new alloys of Atium.

I wonder if the alloys of atium and larasium will be related to the pair in the powers they give, or if they'll each be relatively new. Either way I think it will be great to see the new metals in later trilogies

I wonder if the alloys of atium and larasium will be related to the pair in the powers they give, or if they'll each be relatively new. Either way I think it will be great to see the new metals in later trilogies

I felt like Bendalloy and the other kind of came from nowhere in AoL. I guess that's just me preferring an in-story discovery, but oh well.

I felt like Bendalloy and the other kind of came from nowhere in AoL. I guess that's just me preferring an in-story discovery, but oh well.

I agree with you. The discovery of something new in one of Brandon's stories is always better when you have the story actually with it. Like the mystery surrounding the eleventh metal was pretty cool.

Also, has Brandon Word of God 100% confirmed that Midas is Hoid? Because I don't know about you, but Midas seems to care quite a bit about Hoid, contrary to the quote he gives Kaladin in the SHattered Plains.

Oh what I would give to see Theus turn "good" and wind up being Hoid :P

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested in The Liar of Partinel but then it got scrapped so that's disappointing.

I want to read The Silence Divine because the story is intriguing, and Warbreaker 2 to find out about Nightblood and hopefully this Warbreaker/Stormlight converging that was hinted about in Sanderson's Q&A.

I think Alloy of Law got me confused about which Mistborn books will be released, so based off this thread, is there going to be a future trilogy too? The modern one will still be crazy, I'm sure.

And of course, Dragonsteel for pure Cosmere-relation.

Seriously, this whole Cosmere ideal is basically my fetish. Blending in stories and worlds just intrigues me like no other.

I think Alloy of Law got me confused about which Mistborn books will be released, so based off this thread, is there going to be a future trilogy too? The modern one will still be crazy, I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure there will still be a futuristic trilogy. The Wax and Wayne books are separate from the main sequence as far as I know.

Let's see- at the moment, I'm actually probably looking forward to Emperor's Soul the most, but that has less to do with the book itself and more the fact that it's about to come out :). In terms of the actual content of the books, probably Stormlight 2- can't wait to see where the plots and characters WoK established go- but the second (and ultimately, third) Mistborn trilogy and Dragonsteel are definitely up there too. For purposes of the poll, I voted Stormlight 2.

Edited by MasterGhandalf

I confess to finding White Sand extremely intriguing, for essentially the reasons you outline (and Silence Divine too, for similar reasons). However, it looks like a looong time before we'll be seeing either of them (based on what Brandon and co. have said, I'm not expecting WS or TSD in the next ten years at least, though if anyone's heard differently I'd love to be corrected), so I'm not letting myself get too excited.

• 1 year later...

Not Hoids origin story. It's much more interesting to figure stuff out on your own using the tidbits Sanderson gives you. Looking forward to SLA because it seems the most connected to the cosmere, and it is so awesome.