Relationships Between Heralds

Emerald

• 2 weeks later...

If he's a Worldhopper then he must be a Nalthian native. Only Nalthians Return. Do we have info on all the Heralds being Rosharan natives or not?

Actually, that's not true... in fact, we have this that explicitly indicates Returned from other than Nalthis is possible but "hard"

Q. Did he [Vasher] actually come from Nalthis and not Roshar?

A. I’m not going to actually answer that one.   Well I can answer that: yes he does come from Nalthis. It’s pretty obvious that the way that the Breath’s working, the reason he moved is because it’s easier to get Stormlight than Breaths, and Stormlight can fuel being a Returned like him. And so yes, he was born on Nalthis. Becoming Returned without being born on Nalthis would be really hard.

I think it's possible that the Heralds are from Nalthis. I think it's also possible (probably more likely) that Cultivation saw what Endowment did with Heralds and created 10 Returned on Roshar. Given that this is "Hard" it might even be the thing that weakened him to where Odium could destroy him...

Actually, that's not true... in fact, we have this that explicitly indicates Returned from other than Nalthis is possible but "hard"

Q. Did he [Vasher] actually come from Nalthis and not Roshar?

A. I’m not going to actually answer that one.   Well I can answer that: yes he does come from Nalthis. It’s pretty obvious that the way that the Breath’s working, the reason he moved is because it’s easier to get Stormlight than Breaths, and Stormlight can fuel being a Returned like him. And so yes, he was born on Nalthis. Becoming Returned without being born on Nalthis would be really hard.

I think it's possible that the Heralds are from Nalthis. I think it's also possible (probably more likely) that Cultivation saw what Endowment did with Heralds and created 10 Returned on Roshar. Given that this is "Hard" it might even be the thing that weakened him to where Odium could destroy him...

There is WoB for my statement, but I cannot seem to find it (which has been an issue in the past with this specific WoB). I'm trying to find it, but I can't make any promises.

Also, being "really hard" could mean one would have to somehow alter their Identity to say they were from Nalthis before it would work. Just something to keep in mind. Brandon saying "really hard" does not mean my statement is false.

There is WoB for my statement, but I cannot seem to find it (which has been an issue in the past with this specific WoB). I'm trying to find it, but I can't make any promises.

Also, being "really hard" could mean one would have to somehow alter their Identity to say they were from Nalthis before it would work. Just something to keep in mind. Brandon saying "really hard" does not mean my statement is false.

You could be right. "Really Hard" in this case might mean

1) spiking yourself with the blood of a Nalthis native

2) meeting the criteria for a Returned

3) dying on Nalthis

Also, there was this WoB

Q:  Were the heralds born on Roshar?

A:  RAFO

Interpreting RAFO answers is (obviously) tricky but it could support the idea that there's something else there.

You could be right. "Really Hard" in this case might mean

1) spiking yourself with the blood of a Nalthis native

2) meeting the criteria for a Returned

3) dying on Nalthis

Also, there was this WoB

Q:  Were the heralds born on Roshar?

A:  RAFO

Interpreting RAFO answers is (obviously) tricky but it could support the idea that there's something else there.

I've spent the last hour searching and still haven't found the WoB I mentioned. This is the closest I've gotten. I'm giving up for now, but I know I've read it somewhere that any average hopper dying on Nalthis would not Return due to not being Nalthian.

Also, the point of the RAFO answer is for you to not "interpret" them. A RAFO is Jordan's/Brandon's way of saying "I'm not answering that." It's not meant to be a sly or cryptic way of confirming or denying.

Also, the point of the RAFO answer is for you to not "interpret" them. A RAFO is Jordan's/Brandon's way of saying "I'm not answering that." It's not meant to be a sly or cryptic way of confirming or denying.

Sure... but I'm the kind of guy that likes to try to figure out WHY he doesn't want us to know that yet ;)

• Chaos locked this topic