Woah, There's A Lot Here.

Emerald

Hello, everyone! I thought I was slowly starting to understand hidden aspects of WoK, and then I come by here for the first time and realized that there is SO MUCH that I'm missing out on. It appears that I have a lot more in-depth reading to do, as I don't understand Brandon's works nearly as much as I thought I did. 

My name is Molly. I'm 24 and have been reading Brandon's books since about 2009. I haven't read everything of his, though, and a light browsing of the forums makes me want to go back and dig into everything all over again. I love it. I'm almost done with my 4th re-read of WoK, and will be moving on to WoR next. Those are probably my favorite books, and I want to refresh my memory of what happens in them before I really start trying to keep up with all of the experts here. 

I look forward to learning more about  the cosmere and all you lovely folks. I'm sure the more I explore, the more questions I'll have. 

Hello, everyone! I thought I was slowly starting to understand hidden aspects of WoK, and then I come by here for the first time and realized that there is SO MUCH that I'm missing out on. It appears that I have a lot more in-depth reading to do, as I don't understand Brandon's works nearly as much as I thought I did. 

My name is Molly. I'm 24 and have been reading Brandon's books since about 2009. I haven't read everything of his, though, and a light browsing of the forums makes me want to go back and dig into everything all over again. I love it. I'm almost done with my 4th re-read of WoK, and will be moving on to WoR next. Those are probably my favorite books, and I want to refresh my memory of what happens in them before I really start trying to keep up with all of the experts here. 

I look forward to learning more about  the cosmere and all you lovely folks. I'm sure the more I explore, the more questions I'll have.

Hello Molly! You remind me I need to do a Words of Radiance reread...

I'm glad you could make it! Please feel free to ask me or anyone if you have any questions! We are more than happy to help.

Thanks, guys! This seems like a place I'll enjoy hanging out, even when not discussing books. But Snoopy, from reading other welcome threads, I've seen warnings against accepting cookies from well-meaning strangers. Would that be you? =)

Cookies? It's really the spikes you need to worry about.

I mean, I would never do such a thing.

Did someone say reread?

Sorry for the shameless plug.  Welcome to the forums!

Yes!! I've found your thread already. The "take note" feature on my kindle has been getting quite a work out. Although, I'm thinking about starting a little notebook for thoughts and passages of particular interest, sort of like Jasnah does. It's not that easy to type on a kindle, though that does have the added effect of making me think about what I'm actually writing down.

I've thought about sharing my own notes, but I feel like there's a lot I don't quite understand yet, and I'm afraid my "notes" will reveal my ignorance on several matters. 

Who cares if it makes you seem ignorant. At least you will be able to be told that which you do not know.

Oh and welcome to the forums and all that jazz. ( why is it 'jazz'? things like this have always confused me, much like how most social interactions between *shudders* humans confuse me. )

Who cares if it makes you seem ignorant. At least you will be able to be told that which you do not know.

Oh and welcome to the forums and all that jazz. ( why is it 'jazz'? things like this have always confused me, much like how most social interactions between *shudders* humans confuse me. )

Very true. I still want to finish rereading the Stormlight books at the very least before I start getting in too far over my head. Like I said in my first post, they're my favorite books and I'd love to get in to some theories surrounding that series. I'm sure there are still plenty of questions left unanswered that will be fun to research and discover. 

Question, though. How easy is it to go through WoB and find answers? It sounds like his interviews and Q&As offer a wealth of information, but I also feel like there's a lot there that might make it harder to find specific references.

Very true. I still want to finish rereading the Stormlight books at the very least before I start getting in too far over my head. Like I said in my first post, they're my favorite books and I'd love to get in to some theories surrounding that series. I'm sure there are still plenty of questions left unanswered that will be fun to research and discover. 

Question, though. How easy is it to go through WoB and find answers? It sounds like his interviews and Q&As offer a wealth of information, but I also feel like there's a lot there that might make it harder to find specific references.

First off, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here.

As someone with absolutely no alternate agenda I can definitely say there is nothing suspicious about the offered cookies.  :ph34r: 

If you check out Theoryland you'll find a great source of Brandons interviews that are all tagged and searchable, it's a really great source.