17Th Sharder + Alethi V. Werstros

Heir of the Void

Given how well my previous one of these went, I decide to do another.

“Congratulation on your promotion, Highprince(ss)”

You look around in confusion. One moment you were sitting at your computer, reading possibly the most brilliant thread you’d ever seen, and the next moment, you’re standing in an infinite plain of black under a white sky, being congratulated by an incredibly handsome young man you’ve never seen.

“My condolences on the death of your father. He was a good man.” The amazing gentleman standing in front of you says.

Now you’re confused. Your father was alive. Or maybe he wasn’t. I, er, you, don’t really know. Point is, this is a pretty confusing experience. At this point, pretty much anything is just throwing fuel on the fire.

“You have been selected for a… social experiment.” The man said. “You will be sent to Westeros, in an attempt to head off the end of that world.”

“But wait.” You say. “How am I going to save the world?”

You might be wondering how I know what you’re going to say. I don’t. Cultivation is better at that than I am. Pretend you said whatever you would have said. It’s not important, unlike everything else you will say in the near future.

I’ll get to that in a second.

“You will be given assets.” The man says. “Given your completely justified interest in the Stormlight Archive, you’ll them from there.”

“What kind of assets?” You ask.

A wall of light appears in front of you, quickly resolving itself into readable text.

“The assets are available on a point buy system.” I say. Er, he says. “You have 250 points to spend, and will appear on Westeros at a location of your choosing, approximately at the time of the death of Jon Arryn. Choose wisely.”

POINTS REMAING: 250

YOUR PERSONAL ARMY

All options include all equipment and supplies needed for chosen options to perform their trade in wartime, and 60 days’ worth of food and supplies. Everyone has also been working out, and is ready to hit 28 feet/second2 gravity running.

Alethi Soldiers (Per Battalion) – 15 Points
Includes 1000 assorted darkeyes infantry, equipped as you see fit. Within Reason. Includes a Battalionlord and 20 lighteyes officers. Also includes the minimum number of Camp Followers required to support the troops.

Alethi Soldiers (Per Division) – 50 Points
Includes 5000 assorted darkeyes infantry, equipped as you see fit. Within Reason. Includes a lighteyes commander, 5 battalionlords and 120 lighteyes officers. Also includes the minimum number of Camp Followers required to support the troops.

Alethi Cavalry (Per company) – 20 points
Includes 150 lighteyes horsemen, equipped as you see fit. Intentionally overpriced; horses are rare on Rosahar.

Stormwardens – 10 points
50 of the best illiterate scientists in the Cosmere, who probably know a lot more than they’re letting on.

Ardents – 10 points
100 extra priests of Vorinism. Covert the locals, boost morale, and be assured of the righteousness of your cause.

Artifabrians and such – 15 points
More literate magic-scientists that might be able to work something out, but making more fabrials will be very difficult.

Extra Craftsmen and Artisans – 10 points
500 trained craftsmen, artisans, and such of all flavors above and beyond the minimum required to support your troops, each with one specialty of your choosing.

Peasants – 5 points

1000 darkeyes Alethi peasants loyal to you, to the extent that they care about politics. Mysteriously skilled in Werstrosi agriculture.

Surgeons – 5 points

100 Kharbranth-trained surgeons, who (somehow) know how to practice their trade with Werstrosi plants and materials.

SPECIAL EQUIPEMNT

All options include personnel trained in the use of relevant equipment, or in the case of Shards, you may opt to receive three years of training in their use in lieu of a trained Shardbearer. Each option also includes a supply of self-infusing gemstones to provide Stormlight

Shardblade – 15 points

Kills things.

Shardplate – 15 points

Stops people from killing you.

Plate & Blade – 25 points

Why not both, at a discount!

Soulcaster – 15 points

A full-power Soulcaster, able to turn things into most other things. Worth a Shardblade? You’d be surprised. No, you may NOT create gold or silver and crash the economy. Because Cognitive Realm.

Spanreed – 2 point per pair
Like a telegraph, but without those pesky wires and Morse code. So really, nothing like a telegraph.

Assorted other Fabrials – 5 points
20 of the finest fabrials, other than spanreeds, that you feel you need.

ASSETS

Political goodwill – 25 points
One house or equivalent organization starts off inexplicably friendly to you, or as friendly as they’re going to be to a weirdo like you.

Warcamp – 15 points
Spawn with a semi-defensible Warcamp and all relevant buildings needed for your army.

If you want an asset that I haven’t listed for, ask and I’ll give you a price quote.

CHALLENGES

These add points to your total available, but impose some form of penalty.

Ghost blood infiltration – 25 points
The Ghostbloods have infiltrated your army and followers, and are up to… something, Probably no good, though.

Eminity – 25
One major house or equivalent organization doesn’t like you. They won’t immediately bum rush you, but they will act against your best interests.

Delay – 25
Don’t spawn until Nedd’s head is off and the War of Five Kings has begun.

Honorable – 25
Follow the Alethi codes of war to the best of your ability, and generally be a decent person (yes, in Werstros). Your men may not particularly like it, though…

If you want a drawback I haven’t listed, ask and I’ll give you a price quote.

Tell me what you'd buy, and how you would go about accomplishing your objectives. HAVE FUN!

Edited by Heir of the Void

How much a breeding pair of Chasmfeinds?

I'd use Political goodwill on Tyrion Lannister - 25points 

A division Alethi Soldiers - 50points

Stormwardens - 10points

Craftsmen -10points

Peasants (5000) - 25points

2 sets of Plate and Blade -50points (one set for me, one set for my good friend Tyrion)

Warcamp - 15points

1. Spawn on Skagos and use my division of 5000 soliders to clear out the uncivilised inhabitants. Lay low on the mysterious island whilst building a warcamp.

2. Use remaing points to purchuse a breeding pair of Chasmfeinds (or more if they are cheap enough). Turn the island of Skagos into a breeding stage of Chasmfeinds, using Stormwardens and Craftmen to ensure a good breeding and feeding area. Secretly use surplus Peasants as Chasmfeind fodder, island game will need to sustain my long term warcamp. 

3. Utilise Tyrion's political awareness and manipulativeness to ensure Skagos is kept out of the Kindgoms interests. Allow the War of 5 Kings to distract the Great Houses. Promise Tyrion plate, blade and as many whores as he desires for his loyalty. 

4. Once a steady breeding programme is started (not sure on the length of a Chasmfiends life cycle) harvest Gemhearts. Use the gemhearts to bargain with the Iron Bank of Braavos, promising a steady flow of gems in return for a large loan to hire all the sell swords in the Free Cities and ships to transport them to westeros.

5. Descend on Westors with said army, conquering from Dorne to the Wall. The Martells will quickly yeild when they realise that my army is too large. Pardon Martell and the Sandsnakes. Pardon any smaller house who surrender. Destroy Casterly Rock. Crush the Boltons, the Frey's, the Arryns and the Barratheons. Replacing them with younger lords who will be obdient to myself and my hand Tyrion Lannister. Capture Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Gregor Clegane.

6. Kill the Greyjoys and set up a new breeding colony of Chasmfeinds on the Iron Islands. You know what they say, "don't put your eggs in one basket" "don't put your chrysalis' on one island". Repay the Iron Bank of Braavos in installments of gem hearts.

7. Send the Sandsnakes to hunt Littlefinger and Varys who both had the wit to escape Westeros when they knew I had won. This will keep the Sandsnakes occupied and away from Westeros. They cannnot be trusted.

8. Send captives from my war to Jon Snow to defend the Wall.

9. Await Danyarys voyage to Westeros. Offer her Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Gregor Clegane to feed to her dragons as a wedding gift. I'd be Dragon Riding Shardbearer. 

10. Realise that Arya Stark will one day return to Westeros to avenge her House and I will be the only person left to blame for the Starks downfall. Wait patiently and peacefully for her return because death comes to all men. Valar Morghulis.

Edited by Tyson

How much a breeding pair of Chasmfeinds?

I'd use Political goodwill on Tyrion Lannister - 25points 

A division Alethi Soldiers - 50points

Stormwardens - 10points

Craftsmen -10points

Peasants (5000) - 25points

2 sets of Plate and Blade -50points (one set for me, one set for my good friend Tyrion)

Warcamp - 15points

1. Spawn on Skagos and use my division of 5000 soliders to clear out the uncivilised inhabitants. Lay low on the mysterious island whilst building a warcamp.

2. Use remaing points to purchuse a breeding pair of Chasmfeinds (or more if they are cheap enough). Turn the island of Skagos into a breeding stage of Chasmfeinds, using Stormwardens and Craftmen to ensure a good breeding and feeding area. Secretly use surplus Peasants as Chasmfeind fodder, island game will need to sustain my long term warcamp. 

3. Utilise Tyrion's political awareness and manipulativeness to ensure Skagos is kept out of the Kindgoms interests. Allow the War of 5 Kings to distract the Great Houses. Promise Tyrion plate, blade and as many whores as he desires for his loyalty. 

4. Once a steady breeding programme is started (not sure on the length of a Chasmfiends life cycle) harvest Gemhearts. Use the gemhearts to bargain with the Iron Bank of Braavos, promising a steady flow of gems in return for a large loan to hire all the sell swords in the Free Cities and ships to transport them to westeros.

5. Descend on Westors with said army, conquering from Dorne to the Wall. The Martells will quickly yeild when they realise that my army is too large. Pardon Martell and the Sandsnakes. Pardon any smaller house who surrender. Destroy Casterly Rock. Crush the Boltons, the Frey's, the Arryns and the Barratheons. Replacing them with younger lords who will be obdient to myself and my hand Tyrion Lannister. Capture Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Gregor Clegane.

6. Kill the Greyjoys and set up a new breeding colony of Chasmfeinds on the Iron Islands. You know what they say, "don't put your eggs in one basket" "don't put your chrysalis' on one island". Repay the Iron Bank of Braavos in installments of gem hearts.

7. Send the Sandsnakes to hunt Littlefinger and Varys who both had the wit to escape Westeros when they knew I had won. This will keep the Sandsnakes occupied and away from Westeros. They cannnot be trusted.

8. Send captives from my war to Jon Snow to defend the Wall.

9. Await Danyarys voyage to Westeros. Offer her Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Gregor Clegane to feed to her dragons as a wedding gift. I'd be Dragon Riding Shardbearer. 

10. Realise that Arya Stark will one day return to Westeros to avenge her House and I will be the only person left to blame for the Starks downfall. Wait patiently and peacefully for her return because death comes to all men. Valar Morghulis.

Your plan is... certainly not was I was expecting from the first post. I only spent about two hours or so setting it up, and I knew I was forgetting something. In any case, its certainly well thought out, and might even bet storming insane enough to work. That is, of course, exempting two minor details.

1) We have no idea how greatshell reproduction works, and from what we've seen of shellbeasts and their freaky biology, I'm not sure that their reproduction is binary sexual. In fact, I'm not ever sure... BRAIN BLEACH!

2) Greatshells require a symbiotic relationship with some type of spren to grow as large as they do without obliterating the ecosystem or crushing themselves. I don't know if they would be able to reproduce, properly develop their gemhearts, or grow to pupating size without these spren.

I'll allow this, but no one else can bread greatshells. I'll say that they are... 35 points apiece, and come with enough spren for them to be functional, but not reproduce.

<p>What are the relative pricing for say, units of archers/divisions of lighteyes swordsmen?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Also are we supposed to defeat the Others, or win the Iron Throne, what are the victory conditions?</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

Edited by Savanorn

I'm assuming I have the knowledge of book 5.

Delay   + 25 points as I don't particularly are about Ned. He bought his death upon himself.

Emnity + 25 points definitely the Greyjoys

300 points

10000 Alethi soldiers  - 100 points

4 sets of Shard           - 100 points

4000 Alethi peasants  -   20 points

1000 craftsmen          -   20  points

5 spanreed pairs        -   10  points

political goodwill         -   25  points Nights Watch

Fabrials                      -   10  points

Soulcaster                  -   15  points

Land at the Wall after the Watch goes beyond the wall to stop Mance rayder. Take it over and move my people in. Set up my peasants in The Gift. By this time no-one in the south would really have time to deal with me and would lack the men to dispose of me. I wouldn't antagonize any of them. Except when I went beyond the Wall when Mance gets there and tell, "yep definitely. Go right through." Take as many as he would give me for the Wall and set the rest up in the Gift. to help establish farmland more than anything. As they were setting up the new villages though my army would be training them how to fight as a army.

intercept Bran and give Hodor a set of Shard, mainly for the lols but also because Bran is obviously very important and I would like him to be protected. Give him 20 men to take him where he needs to go and protect him.

While this is happening my craftsmen, with the Soulcaster to give them the raw materials to do it, would be repairing the other castles on the Wall which would be manned by the new members of the Watch along with my own men. I would send 4 bands north of the wall to wait with my Spanreeds to watch for The Others. The fabrails would be the heating Fabrials which would be taken by the bands north of the Wall to keep them warm without flames betraying their presence. Once they spot The Others, they were to warn me and make straight for the Wall.

Send the last Spanreed to The Mother Of Dragons and ask her whats taking so long, I would then get daily updates as to the well-being of her and her dragons. My last Shard would be taken to her and given to her so that she can see I am to be trusted and to help keep her safe. More than likely it would be give to The Bold but that is perfectly alright with me. Once she gets to Westeros I would send my wildling army to help her get to the Wall, assuming The Others have come, if not help her win Westeros. Then get her to march her pretty little behind to the Wall and defend it with me.

When Stannis arrives I would tell him in no uncertain tones that he is there at my sufferance and if he wishes to fight tell him to look at my new friends the giants. He would at realise he has no power there. Mellisandre would more than likely try to kill me with her magic if she had the chance so I wouldn't give her that chance and would walk up to her summoning my Blade as I did killing her as soon as I reahed her. Stannis would object obviously but not for long.

Then well I guess the Others arrive but hopefully by then Bran is a fully realised Warg/Greenseer and would be able to help. Along with 3 dragons and some 100,000 men and women manning the Wall in all the castles which are fully manned and repaired. Waiting would be boring but hopefully they would arrive as my preparations ended.

Your plan is... certainly not was I was expecting from the first post. I only spent about two hours or so setting it up, and I knew I was forgetting something. In any case, its certainly well thought out, and might even bet storming insane enough to work. That is, of course, exempting two minor details.

1) We have no idea how greatshell reproduction works, and from what we've seen of shellbeasts and their freaky biology, I'm not sure that their reproduction is binary sexual. In fact, I'm not ever sure... BRAIN BLEACH!

2) Greatshells require a symbiotic relationship with some type of spren to grow as large as they do without obliterating the ecosystem or crushing themselves. I don't know if they would be able to reproduce, properly develop their gemhearts, or grow to pupating size without these spren.

I'll allow this, but no one else can bread greatshells. I'll say that they are... 35 points apiece, and come with enough spren for them to be functional, but not reproduce.

Thank you lol. In Westeros I don't think you can rely on other peoples armies, their all a bunch of turncloaks. I also think that, in the series in general, whoever wins the Iron Banks support will win the throne as Braavos wants its gold back.

Bringing a mass of soliders is a sure way to make The Great Houses unite and destroy you. So only enough for protection and infiltration is needed.

I'm assuming I have the knowledge of book 5.

Delay   + 25 points as I don't particularly are about Ned. He bought his death upon himself.

Emnity + 25 points definitely the Greyjoys

300 points

10000 Alethi soldiers  - 100 points

4 sets of Shard           - 100 points

4000 Alethi peasants  -   20 points

1000 craftsmen          -   20  points

5 spanreed pairs        -   10  points

political goodwill         -   25  points Nights Watch

Fabrials                      -   10  points

Soulcaster                  -   15  points

Land at the Wall after the Watch goes beyond the wall to stop Mance rayder. Take it over and move my people in. Set up my peasants in The Gift. By this time no-one in the south would really have time to deal with me and would lack the men to dispose of me. I wouldn't antagonize any of them. Except when I went beyond the Wall when Mance gets there and tell, "yep definitely. Go right through." Take as many as he would give me for the Wall and set the rest up in the Gift. to help establish farmland more than anything. As they were setting up the new villages though my army would be training them how to fight as a army.

intercept Bran and give Hodor a set of Shard, mainly for the lols but also because Bran is obviously very important and I would like him to be protected. Give him 20 men to take him where he needs to go and protect him.

While this is happening my craftsmen, with the Soulcaster to give them the raw materials to do it, would be repairing the other castles on the Wall which would be manned by the new members of the Watch along with my own men. I would send 4 bands north of the wall to wait with my Spanreeds to watch for The Others. The fabrails would be the heating Fabrials which would be taken by the bands north of the Wall to keep them warm without flames betraying their presence. Once they spot The Others, they were to warn me and make straight for the Wall.

Send the last Spanreed to The Mother Of Dragons and ask her whats taking so long, I would then get daily updates as to the well-being of her and her dragons. My last Shard would be taken to her and given to her so that she can see I am to be trusted and to help keep her safe. More than likely it would be give to The Bold but that is perfectly alright with me. Once she gets to Westeros I would send my wildling army to help her get to the Wall, assuming The Others have come, if not help her win Westeros. Then get her to march her pretty little behind to the Wall and defend it with me.

When Stannis arrives I would tell him in no uncertain tones that he is there at my sufferance and if he wishes to fight tell him to look at my new friends the giants. He would at realise he has no power there. Mellisandre would more than likely try to kill me with her magic if she had the chance so I wouldn't give her that chance and would walk up to her summoning my Blade as I did killing her as soon as I reahed her. Stannis would object obviously but not for long.

Then well I guess the Others arrive but hopefully by then Bran is a fully realised Warg/Greenseer and would be able to help. Along with 3 dragons and some 100,000 men and women manning the Wall in all the castles which are fully manned and repaired. Waiting would be boring but hopefully they would arrive as my preparations ended.

Not sure how to spoiler the above sorry.

Sounds like your going for pure force.

Spawning at the wall would be...cold. Farming would be hard going at the dawn of winter as you delayed until Ned's death and the stocks at he Wall wouldn't be enough to sustain the amount of people you brought.

Also no consideration of the Game of Thrones subtle players - Varys, Tyrion, Littlefinger, Bloodraven, Iron Bank. They'd do all they could to remove your army at the wall if you are not in their plans.

Also no consideration of the Game of Thrones subtle players - Varys, Tyrion, Littlefinger, Bloodraven, Iron Bank. They'd do all they could to remove your army at the wall if you are not in their plans.

Varys wants peace, Tyrion has no real power, Littlefinger is only concerned with himself, not sure who Bloodraven is and The Iron Bank would not bother me. Tywin has demonstrated twice that Kingslanding doesn't really care about the wall. They only care for their little game of thrones. If I didn't make any motions to move south, which I wouldn't, then they wouldn't bother me. The only time I would move truly south with any force would be if Daenerys came. At which point there would be dragons in Weteros again. 

If I didn't make it clear I only want to stop the Others. Nothing else would really matter to me. If they came in force I would still have 3 Shardbearers and we all know how powerful they are. I would also fortify the Walls castles on both sides. If I could I would take one of the Others captive and when any king came to kill me show them it and ask 'do you really want to kill the man with the means to stop them?

Also just because I came before winter means nothing really, food still grows during winter, albeit slowly, and north of the Wall has plenty of food. The wildlings were bringing all of theirs and I get some from my starter pack. Which would include herds of sheep and goats. Both well able to survive in that area through winter with only some small assistance from man.

I'm sure that a lot of my people would die but as the starks so famously say 'Winter is coming' or if you prefer what Arya says now 'Valar Morghulis' 'All men must die'

Edited by SmurfAquamarineBodies

Varys wants peace, Tyrion has no real power, Littlefinger is only concerned with himself, not sure who Bloodraven is and The Iron Bank would not bother me. Tywin has demonstrated twice that Kingslanding doesn't really care about the wall. They only care for their little game of thrones. If I didn't make any motions to move south, which I wouldn't, then they wouldn't bother me. The only time I would move truly south with any force would be if Daenerys came. At which point there would be dragons in Weteros again. 

If I didn't make it clear I only want to stop the Others. Nothing else would really matter to me. If they came in force I would still have 3 Shardbearers and we all know how powerful they are. I would also fortify the Walls castles on both sides. If I could I would take one of the Others captive and when any king came to kill me show them it and ask 'do you really want to kill the man with the means to stop them?

Also just because I came before winter means nothing really, food still grows during winter, albeit slowly, and north of the Wall has plenty of food. The wildlings were bringing all of theirs and I get some from my starter pack. Which would include herds of sheep and goats. Both well able to survive in that area through winter with only some small assistance from man.

I'm sure that a lot of my people would die but as the starks so famously say 'Winter is coming' or if you prefer what Arya says now 'Valar Morghulis' 'All men must die'

True. I was only playing for the throne. Didn't care about the Others lol so your idea is more honorable.

You should look up Bloodraven. He's most likley the most influential character in the series, just not many people know who he actually is. He's the one that Bran has gone to, The Three Eyed Crow, a Targaryen bastard-child. Once you know, alot of other things start to make sense. Such as the Direwolves, the ravens, the Godswood. Bloodraven has been playing the Game of Thrones and influencing houses for over one hundred years, and no one even knows, which makes him the best palyer.

I thought food didn't grow in winter, only autumn. They harvest the food in autumn then store it until winter is finished. Hence why a 10 year winter would kill alot of people. This is also the reason why Jon Snow is lending money from the Iron Bank to purchase food stock. But your right, ample food would be provided in the starter kit I guess.

True. I was only playing for the throne. Didn't care about the Others lol so your idea is more honorable.

You should look up Bloodraven. He's most likley the most influential character in the series, just not many people know who he actually is. He's the one that Bran has gone to, The Three Eyed Crow, a Targaryen bastard-child. Once you know, alot of other things start to make sense. Such as the Direwolves, the ravens, the Godswood. Bloodraven has been playing the Game of Thrones and influencing houses for over one hundred years, and no one even knows, which makes him the best palyer.

I thought food didn't grow in winter, only autumn. They harvest the food in autumn then store it until winter is finished. Hence why a 10 year winter would kill alot of people. This is also the reason why Jon Snow is lending money from the Iron Bank to purchase food stock. But your right, ample food would be provided in the starter kit I guess.

Lol. You couldn't pay me to take that cursed throne. Let the little lords of the south fight over the throne, that's not a game I wish to be involved in. 

By food I meant grass. Everything else is secondary really because once the Others show up hopefully, hopefully, the king, whoever that is, would come north to help. They wouldn't need to send many men, it's fruit and veg that I would want. With grass I would be able to feed goats and sheep. With them I have milk, cheese and meat. 

With the villages I was more thinking of the future of the Wall and my people. They would be able to feed the Wall for many generations and provide the Watch with people to man them. 

Ahh, so that's who Bloodraven is. I would be helping Bran get there so I really doubt that he would have cause to harm me. Hodor would literally become the most powerful warrior in all the lands with my help. I would love to see Bran warg Hodor while Hodor was in a set of Shard. The carnage he would bring to a battle field would be spectacular. 

enmity: everyone can hate me for all i care

honorable

delay

12 sets of shards 300

a soulcaster

two sets of heat fabrials

spawn on the north side of the wall with my 11 trusted shard bearers

go lews therin on them and ignore the rest of the world take my "100 companions" and go defeat shai'tan at shayol gul. 

erm, i mean take my shard bearers and go other-hunting into the north destroying whatever is the source from which they came using fabrials for heat and soulcasters for food, and lets face it the others wont be able to harm my shard bearers, we are too boss

I'll take 10 soulcasters for 150 pts and 2 divisions for 100 pts.
After poisoning the majority of Westeros' water supply with my Soulcasters, killing the vast majority of enemy soldiers I will simply march through the world conquering as I please to very little opposition. Yes it's simple, yes it doesn't account for certain enemy spymasters but I also think it would succeed because what would it change even if they knew I'd just poisoned all their water. It would just take an extra day while they all die of dehydration before I march with my army of 10,000.

I'll take 10 soulcasters for 150 pts and 2 divisions for 100 pts.

After poisoning the majority of Westeros' water supply with my Soulcasters, killing the vast majority of enemy soldiers I will simply march through the world conquering as I please to very little opposition. Yes it's simple, yes it doesn't account for certain enemy spymasters but I also think it would succeed because what would it change even if they knew I'd just poisoned all their water. It would just take an extra day while they all die of dehydration before I march with my army of 10,000.

That's a novel hypothesis. How do you plan on getting your Soulcast poision into the water supply?

Heh. Looking through this, I think your magical items (shards, fabrials, etc) might be a bit underpriced. a single full shardbearer (plate and blade) can demolish regular armies on Roshar, and they at least are familiar enough with those items to have ways to deal with them. On Westeros? Dany and the Others are pretty much the only people who might stand a chance against you. and that's just if you spent the 25 points for a blade and plate and nothing else. get together some armies, a couple extra shards/shardbearers, and some of the more useful fabrials (I think you underestimate just how damnation useful spanreeds would be when everyone else is using ravens) and you are basically set. as long as you don't set yourself down in the middle of Blackwater bay during the attack on the red keep or something, anyway.

Heh. Looking through this, I think your magical items (shards, fabrials, etc) might be a bit underpriced. a single full shardbearer (plate and blade) can demolish regular armies on Roshar, and they at least are familiar enough with those items to have ways to deal with them. On Westeros? Dany and the Others are pretty much the only people who might stand a chance against you. and that's just if you spent the 25 points for a blade and plate and nothing else. get together some armies, a couple extra shards/shardbearers, and some of the more useful fabrials (I think you underestimate just how damnation useful spanreeds would be when everyone else is using ravens) and you are basically set. as long as you don't set yourself down in the middle of Blackwater bay during the attack on the red keep or something, anyway.

I also maintain that Spanreeds are one of the deadliest weapons on Roshar, throw one at a Shardbearers feet, activate then jab them through the eye.

You're a creepy dude Voidus, very creepy. Also, what I think no one has put in to consideration... Stormlight. It would have to be a quick campaign if you wanted to use all your gear before the gems go dun. 

You're a creepy dude Voidus, very creepy. Also, what I think no one has put in to consideration... Stormlight. It would have to be a quick campaign if you wanted to use all your gear before the gems go dun.

It occurred to me, but I didn't feel like actually thinking about it at the time, so I ignored it. that said, the shardblade would presumably still work just fine even without stormlight, and that alone would give you an enormous advantage, since normal armor and weapons would be basically useless against it. Even valyrian steel would presumably get sliced apart with basically no resistance against a shardblade.

Not dealt with because it was expressly dealt with in the OP. 

All options come with a self-infusing supply of gemstones. 

It occurred to me, but I didn't feel like actually thinking about it at the time, so I ignored it. that said, the shardblade would presumably still work just fine even without stormlight, and that alone would give you an enormous advantage, since normal armor and weapons would be basically useless against it. Even valyrian steel would presumably get sliced apart with basically no resistance against a shardblade.

Interesting question there. Aren't Valyrian blades the only swords that the others are afraid of, aside from dragonglass/obsidian which reads more as an allergic reaction than anything else. So wouldn't that imply that they are minorly Invested? Such Investment would allow them to resist Shardblades, though not for very long I'd say.

Interesting question there. Aren't Valyrian blades the only swords that the others are afraid of, aside from dragonglass/obsidian which reads more as an allergic reaction than anything else. So wouldn't that imply that they are minorly Invested? Such Investment would allow them to resist Shardblades, though not for very long I'd say.

Assuming you could apply cosmere rules to westeros (and I guess this whole exercise requires that) then yes, I would say it is safe to assume that valyrian steel is at least slightly invested. But again, yes, not nearly so much as a shardblade, I'd assume, since they are up near the top in terms of investment among objects we have seen(I think the godking and nightblood are the only things that beat them, give or take the honorblades)

self infusing gemstones

Given how well my previous one of these went, I decide to do another.

SPECIAL EQUIPEMNT

All options include personnel trained in the use of relevant equipment, or in the case of Shards, you may opt to receive three years of training in their use in lieu of a trained Shardbearer. Each option also includes a supply of self-infusing gemstones to provide Stormlight

Shardblade – 15 points

Kills things.

Shardplate – 15 points

Stops people from killing you.

Plate & Blade – 25 points

Why not both, at a discount!

Soulcaster – 15 points

A full-power Soulcaster, able to turn things into most other things. Worth a Shardblade? You’d be surprised. No, you may NOT create gold or silver and crash the economy. Because Cognitive Realm.

Spanreed – 2 point per pair

Like a telegraph, but without those pesky wires and Morse code. So really, nothing like a telegraph.

Assorted other Fabrials – 5 points

20 of the finest fabrials, other than spanreeds, that you feel you need.

ASSETS

Political goodwill – 25 points

One house or equivalent organization starts off inexplicably friendly to you, or as friendly as they’re going to be to a weirdo like you.

Warcamp – 15 points

Spawn with a semi-defensible Warcamp and all relevant buildings needed for your army.

If you want an asset that I haven’t listed for, ask and I’ll give you a price quote.

CHALLENGES

These add points to your total available, but impose some form of penalty.

Ghost blood infiltration – 25 points

The Ghostbloods have infiltrated your army and followers, and are up to… something, Probably no good, though.

Eminity – 25

One major house or equivalent organization doesn’t like you. They won’t immediately bum rush you, but they will act against your best interests.

Delay – 25

Don’t spawn until Nedd’s head is off and the War of Five Kings has begun.

Honorable – 25

Follow the Alethi codes of war to the best of your ability, and generally be a decent person (yes, in Werstros). Your men may not particularly like it, though…

If you want a drawback I haven’t listed, ask and I’ll give you a price quote.

Tell me what you'd buy, and how you would go about accomplishing your objectives. HAVE FUN!

Edited by KevinTheHerdazian

• Chaos locked this topic